Subject: IESG agenda for 2009-01-08 telechat.

From: [email-masked] (Bill Fenner)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 04:00:04 -0800 (PST)

IESG Agenda

Good approximation of what will be included in the Agenda of next
Telechat (2009-01-08).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Administrivia

    1.1 Roll Call
    1.2 Bash the Agenda
    1.3 Approval of the Minutes of the past telechat
    1.4 List of Remaining Action Items from Last Telechat

2. Protocol Actions

    Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
    reasonable basis on which to build the salient part of the Internet
    infrastructure? If not, what changes would make it so?"

      2.1 WG Submissions

           2.1.1 New Item

             Area  Date

             RTG         Simplified Extension of LSP Space for IS-IS
                         (Proposed Standard) - 1 of 5
                         draft-ietf-isis-wg-extlsp-05.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Ross Callon
                         Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
             SEC         (S/MIME) Version 3.2 Message Specification
                         (Proposed Standard) - 2 of 5
                         draft-ietf-smime-3851bis-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
                         Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions
             SEC         (S/MIME) Version 3.2 Certificate Handling
                         (Proposed Standard) - 3 of 5
                         draft-ietf-smime-3850bis-08.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Tim Polk
                         A Framework for Session Initiation Protocol
             RAI         (SIP) Session Policies (Proposed Standard) - 4
                         of 5
                         draft-ietf-sip-session-policy-framework-05.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Cullen Jennings
             RTG         Capabilities Advertisement with BGP-4
                         (Proposed Standard) - 5 of 5
                         draft-ietf-idr-rfc3392bis-03.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: David Ward

           2.1.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      2.2 Individual Submissions

            2.2.1 New Item
                  NONE
            2.2.2 Returning Item

               Area  Date

               GEN         IESG Procedures for Handling of Independent
                           and IRTF Stream Submissions (BCP) - 1 of 1
                           draft-housley-iesg-rfc3932bis-06.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                           Note: Diff: http://www.arkko.com/ietf/iesg/
                           rfc3932bisdiff.html
                    Token: Jari Arkko

3. Document Actions

      3.1 WG Submissions

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

            3.1.1 New Item

               Area  Date

                           DES and IDEA Cipher Suites for Transport
               SEC         Layer Security (TLS) (Informational) - 1 of
                           2
                           draft-ietf-tls-des-idea-02.txt [Open Web
                           Ballot]
                    Token: Tim Polk
               TSV         Packet Delay Variation Applicability
                           Statement (Informational) - 2 of 2
                           draft-ietf-ippm-delay-var-as-01.txt [Open
                           Web Ballot]
                    Token: Lars Eggert

            3.1.2 Returning Item
                  NONE
            3.1.3 For Action

                 Area  Date

                 RTG         The RPF Vector TLV (Informational) - 1 of
                             1
                             draft-ietf-pim-rpf-vector-06.txt [Open Web
                             Ballot]
                      Token: David Ward

      3.2 Individual Submissions Via AD

          Reviews should focus on these questions: "Is this document a
          reasonable
          contribution to the area of Internet engineering which it
          covers? If
          not, what changes would make it so?"

           3.2.1 New Item

             Area  Date

                         Performance Analysis of Inter-Domain Path
             RTG         Computation Methodologies (Informational) - 1
                         of 3
                         draft-dasgupta-ccamp-path-comp-analysis-02.txt
                         [Open Web Ballot]
                  Token: Ross Callon
             INT         VoIP Configuration Server Address Option
                         (Informational) - 2 of 3
                         draft-raj-dhc-tftp-addr-option-04.txt [Open
                         Web Ballot]
                  Token: Jari Arkko
             INT         Service Selection for Mobile IPv4
                         (Informational) - 3 of 3
                         draft-korhonen-mip4-service-07.txt [Open Web
                         Ballot]
                  Token: Jari Arkko

           3.2.2 Returning Item
                 NONE

      3.3 Independent Submissions Via RFC Editor

          The IESG will use RFC 3932 responses: 1) The IESG has not
          found any conflict between this document and IETF work; 2)
          The
          IESG thinks that this work is related to IETF work done in WG
          <X>, but this does not prevent publishing; 3) The IESG thinks
          that publication is harmful to work in WG <X> and recommends
          not publishing at this time; 4) The IESG thinks that this
          document violates the IETF procedures for <X> and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval; 5) The IESG thinks that this document extends an
          IETF protocol in a way that requires IETF review and should
          therefore not be published without IETF review and IESG
          approval.

          The document shepherd must propose one of these responses in
          the Data Tracker note and supply complete text in the IESG
          Note portion of the write-up. The Area Director ballot
          positions
          indicate consensus with the response proposed by the
          document shepherd.

          Other matters may be recorded in comments, and the comments
          will
          be passed on to the RFC Editor as community review of the
          document.

                3.3.1 New Item
                      NONE
                3.3.2 Returning Item
                      NONE

4. Working Group Actions

         4.1 WG Creation

                   4.1.1 Proposed for IETF Review
                                       NONE
                  4.1.2 Proposed for Approval
                           Area  Date
                           APP  Dec 11 Message Organization (morg) - 1
                                       of 1
                                Token: Chris

         4.2 WG Rechartering

                  4.2.1 Under evaluation for IETF Review
                           Area  Date
                           OPS  Dec 17 Network Configuration (netconf)
                                       - 1 of 2
                                Token: Dan
                           TSV  Dec 19 IP Performance Metrics (ippm) -
                                       2 of 2
                                Token: Lars

                   4.2.2 Proposed for Approval
                                       NONE

5. IAB News We Can Use

6. Management Issues

6.1 Nomcom appointment to the IAOC (Ross Callon)

7. Working Group News