Subject: [RTG-DIR] Discussion topic for Routing Area Open Meeting in Orlando

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 13:58:32 -0000

Hi,

In the Routing Area meeting in Orlando we will continue our occasional series of
discussions of "routing in other areas".  In this case we will spend some time
on "Trust Routers".

Although this topic is not about routing packets, the tree construction and
"shortest" path computations have some resemblance to BGP and other routing
protocols, and there are also similarities to the SIP routing issues that we
heard about a while back.  The authors say it would interesting to get some
routing folks involved to make sure we avoid the well-understood pitfalls with
those sorts of algorithms.  It looks to me to me that there are many
commonalities of functional concept even if the environment (i.e. application
space) is free of many of the constraints we see on routers.

As background reading, you might like to look at:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/	

You can also look at two older (i.e., expired) drafts:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-howlett-abfab-trust-router-ps-02
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mrw-abfab-multihop-fed-02

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:07:14 -0500

> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/	

This should be:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mrw-abfab-trust-router/

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Application Bridging Beyond the Web (abfab), you might also wish to look at the abfab architecture document to understand the environment in which the Trust Router is intended to work.  It can be found here:

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-arch/

Margaret