Subject: [RTG-DIR] Special Request Routing Directorate Review

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 21:36:12 +0100

Hi,

The MANET chairs have requested an early and slightly different review of
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-manet-aodvv2/

What they are after is some help with readability and technical presentation,
rather than a technical review per se (although I am sure that technical
contributions will be welcomed). In other words to answer the questions "Is the
text readable and clear?", "Could someone with some experience implementing IETF
routing specifications pick this up and implement from it?", and "What
high-level or structural changes would make the document easier to handle?"

A willingness to follow up and support the authors as they revise the document
would be welcomed, but is not essential.

Regular participants in MANET need not apply (hello Thomas :-).

Anyone willing to jump in and do that?

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 22:49:07 +0200

Sent from my iPad

> On 13 mai 2014, at 22:36, "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Hi,
> 

I guess its quite safe for me to volunteer to do this review, then, ehh? ;)

Thomas

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 16:52:49 -0400

Adrian:

I will review this if you wish.  I will review and follow-up with the
authors. 

Sue 

-----Original Message-----
From: rtg-dir [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Adrian Farrel
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [RTG-DIR] Special Request Routing Directorate Review

Hi,

What they are after is some help with readability and technical
presentation, rather than a technical review per se (although I am sure that
technical contributions will be welcomed). In other words to answer the
questions "Is the text readable and clear?", "Could someone with some
experience implementing IETF routing specifications pick this up and
implement from it?", and "What high-level or structural changes would make
the document easier to handle?"

A willingness to follow up and support the authors as they revise the
document would be welcomed, but is not essential.

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 00:02:35 +0100

Many thanks, Sue.

Would be good if you could share the review with the ADs and WG chairs.

Better if you could share it with the WG and RTG-Dir, but I leave that to your
judgement.

Thanks,
Adrian

> From: rtg-dir [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Susan Hares
> Sent: 13 May 2014 21:53
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [RTG-DIR] Special Request Routing Directorate Review
> 
> Adrian:
>