Subject: [RTG-DIR] Fwd: opinions and reviews of draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-15

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 18:21:35 -0400

I know that some of you (thanks Acee & Thomas & Joel &...) have reviewed
this
draft before.

NETMOD again thinks that this draft is ready to progress.  We need to have
some really good reviews and understanding if it is problematic for being
the standard base YANG model.

To get really clear consensus on addressing concerns, I think it would be
very helpful to have a large number of reviews from routing experts (that's
you all!) come in the same short period along with, of course, the standard
follow-up of issues.  Where there is commonality of concerns, that will
help reinforce the need for improvements.

I am also on the hook, of course, for a detailed recent review of this, so
my perceptions are shaped by others' comments and reviews.  In the best of
all possible worlds, the draft would be perfect to progress exactly as it
is.

For folks on the directorate, I'll up my bribe of chocolate to include a
bier, soda, etc. if I also get a conversation about how you feel about the
way that I've been using the directorate and what we can do to make the
best use of your generously offered time.

Thanks,
Alia

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Subject: opinions and reviews of draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-15
To: [email-masked]

To make rapid progress on routing models, it is really important to have a
solid base routing model.   Before the Routing Area started working on YANG
models, NETMOD adopted and has been working on
draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg-15 (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netmod-routing-cfg/ ).

I would very strongly encourage you to read (or reread) and comment on this
draft BEFORE the upcoming IETF.  Please send your thoughts and concerns to
both this mailing list and netmod.

This is intended to be the basis for our routing models.

The author and shepherd are quite understandably fatigued and frustrated by
last minute reviews so I'd really really like to get them as much concrete
feedback as soon as possible this time since NETMOD is progressing this
draft.

I know it is not a short draft, but this is important.

Thanks very much,
Alia

P.S.  I could supply chocolate rewards in Hawaii for anyone who does a
review - although probably not molded into fun Halloween shapes.