Subject: [RTG-DIR] RtgDir review: draft-rtg-dt-encap-02

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 08:20:46 -0400

I have been selected as the Routing Directorate reviewer for this draft.
The Routing Directorate seeks to review all routing or routing-related
drafts as they pass through IETF last call and IESG review, and sometimes
on special request. The purpose of the review is to provide assistance to
the Routing ADs. For more information about the Routing Directorate, please
see http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/rtg/trac/wiki/RtgDir

Although these comments are primarily for the use of the Routing ADs, it
would be helpful if you could consider them along with any other IETF
Last Call comments that you receive, and strive to resolve
them through discussion or by updating the draft.

Document: draft-rtg-dt-encap-02
Reviewer: Jamal Hadi Salim
Review Date: 6/30/15 (later than requested, sorry)
Intended Status: Informational
WG LC End Date: unknown

Summary:

The document has significant good work and recommendations for
encapsulation design. Many years of experience in issues found
with encapsulation deployments are discussed. There are times
where i lost track what the document was about because issues
were being discussed without making recommendations on what is needed
from an encapsulation perspective to deal with those issues; otoh,
a good read is section 18 which would mention an issue and in the
same breath suggests how a design should handle said issue.

The document needs at least one more pass.

I have some minor concerns about this document that I believe are
resolvable.
Annotated comments attached.

cheers,
jamal