Subject: [RTG-DIR] Mail regarding draft-ietf-trill-oam-mib-07.txt

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 18:07:51 -0400

Deepak, Samer, and Tissa:

I reviewed draft-ietf-trill-oam-mib-07.txt  document as the routing
directorate review prior to the IESG evaluation.   Below is a summary of my
review and the text of the review.  Just in case you want a pdf of the
review, I've attached this review as well. 

Please contact me if you have any questions 

Sue Hares

-----------------

Routing Directorate Review

Reviewer:  Susan Hares

Version: draft-ietf-trill-oam-mib-07.txt

Hat: routing directorate 

Other hats: TRILL WG chair 

Status:  Technically ready to go.  Editorial suggestions are given to
improve readability. 

Date:  8/19/2015 

 ============

Caveat:  Routing Reviews are a part of the IETF LC process.  The authors 

The reviewer reviewed the concepts in the following table, and found the
management concepts to be correct.  A Majority of this review is the
editorial issues: 

Editorial issues arise from the text text in sections 5.3.2.1 - 5.3.2.4 and
the MIB text itself from various descriptions in the MIB.  As the MIB
compiles, it is important to re-compile this MIB after making editorial
suggestions. 

In addition, the review found editorial issues (as indicated by other IESG
members in review).  This reviewer provides alternative text for many of the
issues. 

MIB summary - using top-level structure  

MIB description: 

  description  (this has editorial issues) 

|--trillOamNotifications          (trillOamMib 0}

  |--trillOamFaultAlarm    

 |--trillOamMibObjects          {trillOamMib 1}

  |--trillOamMep               {trillOamMibObjects 1}

      |--trillOamMepTable                       {trillOamMep 1}  - Local
TRLL config 

          | trilloamMepEntry             {trillOamMepTable 1} 

Note: All items were checked in this table, and items 17, 18, 20-23, 26-27,
29-30, and 33 have editorial issues. The editorial issues are listed In this
section. 

                        trillOamMepRName               Unsigned32, {
trillOamMepEntry 1 }

                        trillOamMepNextPtmTId          Counter32, {
trillOamMepEntry 2 }

                        trillOamMepNextMtvmTId         Counter32, {
trillOamMepEntry 3 }

                        trillOamMepPtrIn               Counter32,  {
trillOamMepEntry 4 }

                        trillOamMepPtrInOutofOrder     Counter32, {
trillOamMepEntry 5 }

                        trillOamMepPtrOut              Counter32, {
trillOamMepEntry 6 }

trillOamMepMtvrIn              Counter32, { trillOamMepEntry 7 }

                        trillOamMepMtvrInOutofOrder    Counter32,  {
trillOamMepEntry 8 }

                        trillOamMepMtvrOut             Counter32,  {
trillOamMepEntry 9 }

                        trillOamMepTxLbmDestRName      Unsigned32, {
trillOamMepEntry 10 }

                        trillOamMepTxLbmHC             Unsigned32, {
trillOamMepEntry 11 }

                        trillOamMepTxLbmReplyModeOob   TruthValue, {
trillOamMepEntry 12 }

                        trillOamMepTransmitLbmReplyIp  OCTET STRING, {
trillOamMepEntry 13 }

                        trillOamMepTxLbmFlowEntropy    OCTET STRING, {
trillOamMepEntry 14 }

                        trillOamMepTxPtmDestRName      Unsigned32,   {
trillOamMepEntry 15 }

                        trillOamMepTxPtmHC             Unsigned32,
{trillOamMepEntry 16 }

                        trillOamMepTxPtmReplyModeOob   TruthValue, {
trillOamMepEntry 17 }

                         trillOamMepTransmitPtmReplyIp  OCTET STRING, {
trillOamMepEntry 18 }

                        trillOamMepTxPtmFlowEntropy    OCTET STRING,  {
trillOamMepEntry 19 }

                        trillOamMepTxPtmStatus         TruthValue,
( trillOamMepEntry 20 } 

                        trillOamMepTxPtmResultOK       TruthValue,         {
trillOamMepEntry 21 }

                        trillOamMepTxPtmSeqNumber      Unsigned32,   {
trillOamMepEntry 22}

                        trillOamMepTxPtmMessages       Integer32,
{ trillOamMepEntry 23 }

                        trillOamMepTxMtvmTree          Unsigned32,         {
trillOamMepEntry 24 }

                        trillOamMepTxMtvmHC            Unsigned32,
{ trillOamMepEntry 25 }

                        trillOamMepTxMtvmReplyModeOob  TruthValue,  {
trillOamMepEntry 26 }

                        trillOamMepTransmitMtvmReplyIp OCTET STRING, {
trillOamMepEntry 27 }

                        trillOamMepTxMtvmFlowEntropy   OCTET STRING,   {
trillOamMepEntry 28 }

                        trillOamMepTxMtvmStatus        TruthValue,       {
trillOamMepEntry 29 }

                        trillOamMepTxMtvmResultOK      TruthValue,    {
trillOamMepEntry 30 }

                        trillOamMepTxMtvmMessages      Integer32,       {
trillOamMepEntry 31 }

                         trillOamMepTxMtvmSeqNumber     Unsigned32,    {
trillOamMepEntry 32 }

                         trillOamMepTxMtvmScopeList     OCTET STRING,   {
trillOamMepEntry 33 }

                         trillOamMepDiscontinuityTime   TimeStamp {
trillOamMepEntry 34 }

   } 

           |--trillOamMepFlowCfgTable -   { trillOamMep 2 }

Note: All entries were checked and only the initial description and {
trillOamMepFlowCfgEntry 5} have editorial issues  

trillOamMepFlowCfgIndex       Unsigned32,            {
trillOamMepFlowCfgEntry 1 }

trillOamMepFlowCfgFlowEntropy OCTET STRING, { trillOamMepFlowCfgEntry 2 }

trillOamMepFlowCfgDestRName   Unsigned32,    { trillOamMepFlowCfgEntry 3 }

trillOamMepFlowCfgFlowHC      Unsigned32,       { trillOamMepFlowCfgEntry 4
}

trillOamMepFlowCfgRowStatus   RowStatus       { trillOamMepFlowCfgEntry 5 }

           |--trillOamPtrTable   { trillOamMep 3 }

Note: all items checked, and only { trillOamPtrEntry 1 } has editorial
issues. 

                        trillOamMepPtrTransactionId    Unsigned32,        {
trillOamPtrEntry 1 }

                       trillOamMepPtrHC                      Unsigned32,
{ trillOamPtrEntry 2 }

                        trillOamMepPtrFlag                    Unsigned32,
{ trillOamPtrEntry 3 }

                        trillOamMepPtrErrorCode         Unsigned32,
{ trillOamPtrEntry 4 }

                        trillOamMepPtrTerminalMep             TruthValue, {
trillOamPtrEntry 5 }

                        trillOamMepPtrLastEgressId            Unsigned32,  {
trillOamPtrEntry 6 }

                        trillOamMepPtrIngress
Dot1agCfmIngressActionFieldValue, { trillOamPtrEntry 7 }

                        trillOamMepPtrIngressMac              MacAddress, {
trillOamPtrEntry 8 }

                        trillOamMepPtrIngressPortIdSubtype
LldpPortIdSubtype,  { trillOamPtrEntry 9 }

                         trillOamMepPtrIngressPortId           LldpPortId,
{ trillOamPtrEntry 10 }

                        trillOamMepPtrEgress
Dot1agCfmEgressActionFieldValue,

{ trillOamPtrEntry 11 } 

                        trillOamMepPtrEgressMac               MacAddress, {
trillOamPtrEntry 12 }

                        trillOamMepPtrEgressPortIdSubtype
LldpPortIdSubtype,

{ trillOamPtrEntry 13 }

                        trillOamMepPtrEgressPortId            LldpPortId,
{ trillOamPtrEntry 14 }

                        trillOamMepPtrChassisIdSubtype
LldpChassisIdSubtype,

{ trillOamPtrEntry 15 }

                        trillOamMepPtrChassisId               LldpChassisId,
{ trillOamPtrEntry 16 }

                        trillOamMepPtrOrganizationSpecificTlv OCTET STRING,
{ trillOamPtrEntry 17}

                        trillOamMepPtrNextHopNicknames        OCTET STRING
{ trillOamPtrEntry 18 }

          |--trillOamMtvrTable { trillOamMep 4 }

                        Note: Main table description needs some pagination
fixing.

                      All nodes bolded could use some pagination fixing 1-3,
6, and 8. 

           trillOamMepMtvrTransactionId           Unsigned32,    {
trillOamMtvrEntry 1} 

           trillOamMepMtvrReceiveOrder            Unsigned32,   {
trillOamMtvrEntry 2}

           trillOamMepMtvrFlag                    Unsigned32,              {
trillOamMtvrEntry 3}

           trillOamMepMtvrErrorCode               Unsigned32,         {
trillOamMtvrEntry 4}

           trillOamMepMtvrLastEgressId            Unsigned32,        {
trillOamMtvrEntry 5}

           trillOamMepMtvrIngress    Dot1agCfmIngressActionFieldValue,

{ trillOamMtvrEntry 6 }

           trillOamMepMtvrIngressMac              MacAddress,  {
trillOamMtvrEntry 7 }

           trillOamMepMtvrIngressPortIdSubtype    LldpPortIdSubtype, {
trillOamMtvrEntry 8 }

           trillOamMepMtvrIngressPortId           LldpPortId,  {
trillOamMtvrEntry 9}

           trillOamMepMtvrEgress     Dot1agCfmEgressActionFieldValue, {
trillOamMtvrEntry 10 }

           trillOamMepMtvrEgressMac               MacAddress, {
trillOamMtvrEntry 11 }

           trillOamMepMtvrEgressPortIdSubtype     LldpPortIdSubtype, {
trillOamMtvrEntry  12 }

           trillOamMepMtvrEgressPortId            LldpPortId, {
trillOamMtvrEntry 13 }

           trillOamMepMtvrChassisIdSubtype        LldpChassisIdSubtype, {
trillOamMtvrEntry 14 }

           trillOamMepMtvrChassisId               LldpChassisId,    {
trillOamMtvrEntry 15 }

           trillOamMepMtvrOrganizationSpecificTlv OCTET STRING, {
trillOamMtvrEntry 16 }

           trillOamMepMtvrNextHopNicknames        OCTET STRING,  {
trillOamMtvrEntry 17 }

           trillOamMepMtvrReceiverAvailability    TruthValue,  {
trillOamMtvrEntry 18 }

           trillOamMepMtvrReceiverCount           TruthValue  {
trillOamMtvrEntry 19 } 

          |--trillOamMepDbTable

                        Note: Main table description needs some pagination
fixing.

                      The description in node {trillOamMepDbEntry 1 } -
could use pagination aid. 

                 trillOamMepDbFlowIndex         Unsigned32,
{trillOamMepDbEntry 1 }

         trillOamMepDbFlowEntropy       OCTET STRING,  {trillOamMepDbEntry 1
}

         trillOamMepDbFlowState         Dot1agCfmRemoteMepState,
{trillOamMepDbEntry 2 }

         trillOamMepDbFlowFailedOkTime  TimeStamp,  {trillOamMepDbEntry 3 }

         trillOamMepDbRbridgeName       Unsigned32,  {trillOamMepDbEntry 4 }

         trillOamMepDbLastGoodSeqNum    Counter32   {trillOamMepDbEntry 5 }

       | trillOamFaultAlarm NOTIFICATION-TYPE { trillOamNotifications 1 }

                No editorial or problems with this   

|--TrillOamMibConformance {trillOamMib 2}

        The main description is good. 

        The descriptions in the following nodes have problems: 

  trillOamMibCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE with mandatory groups of: 

                           trillOamMepMandatoryGroup,

                           trillOamMepFlowCfgTableGroup,

                           trillOamPtrTableGroup,

                           trillOamMtvrTableGroup,

                           trillOamMepDbGroup,

                           trillOamNotificationGroup

   The compliance is reasonable, and the descriptions within this group are
accurate. 

trillOamMibReadOnlyCompliance MODULE-COMPLIANCE with mandatory groups of: 

                           trillOamMepMandatoryGroup,

                           trillOamMepFlowCfgTableGroup,

                           trillOamPtrTableGroup,

                           trillOamMtvrTableGroup,

                           trillOamMepDbGroup,

                           trillOamNotificationGroup

                         }

The compliance seems reasonable, and the description within this group are
accurate. 

Security section: Seems reasonable and meets Security ADs input.  

IANA Section: Seems reasonable and meets IANA ADs input. 

Editorial Comments 

1)       New format needs to be used (See Alissa Cooper's comment) 

2)       Section 5.3.2.1 - has indentation that needs to be move outward. 

3)       Section 5.3.2.2 - editorial suggestions:

              Old: /The table uses four indices/ 

                New: /This table uses four indices/ 

4)       Section 5.3.2.3

Old : / Each row in the table represents a Path Trace Reply entry for the 

           Defined MEP and Transaction./ 

New: /Each row in this table represents a Path Trace reply Entry for the 

          Defined MEP and Transaction./ 

Old: The first three indices identify the MEP and the fourth index specifies
the transaction Identifier, and this transaction identifier/

New: The first three indices identify the MEP and the fourth index specifies
the transaction identifier.  This transaction identifier/ 

5)       Section 5.3.2.4 

   Old:   This table includes Multi-destination Reply managed objects.

New:  This table includes managed objects for the Multi-Destination Reply. 

Old: This table uses five indices: The first three indices are the indices
of the Maintenance Domain, MaNet, and MEP tables. The fourth index is the
specific Transaction Identifiet on the selected MEP. The fifth index is the
receive order of Multi- destination replies.

New:  This table uses the following five indices: 1) Maintenance Domain, 2)
MANET, 3) MEP tables, 4) Transaction identifier of selected MEP, and 5)
receive order of Multi-destination replies. 

6)       Section 5.3.2.4 trilllOamMepDbTable Objects 

Editorial: Rename the title from:

Section 5.3.2.4 trillOamMepDbTable

To: 

                Section 5.3.2.5 trillOamMepDbTable Objects

MIB Editorial (page numbers only) 

Page 10 

Old: 

/

     SNMP Agent                     An SNMP entity containing one or more
command

                                                responder

           and/or notification originator applications (along with

           their associated SNMP engine).  Typically implemented in

           Network Element.

           SNMP Manager An SNMP entity containing one or more command

           generator and/or notification receiver applications (

           along with their associated SNMP engine). Typically

           implemented in an EMS or NMS.

/

New:

/ 

     SNMP Agent                     An SNMP entity containing one or more
command

                                                Responder  and/or
notification originator applications

(along with their associated SNMP engine).  

Typically implemented in Network Element.

    SNMP Manager                An SNMP entity containing one or more
command

                                                generator and/or
notification receiver applications (

                                                along with their associated
SNMP engine). Typically

                                                implemented in an EMS or
NMS.

Page 11-nn on parameters

Old text: 

Implementation should be unique

to identify Transaction ID for MEP with multiple flows.

New text 

Implementation of this identifier should have a unique code value in order 

to identify the transaction ID for a MEP with multiple flows"

page 12: 

Old text: 

           "Next sequence number/transaction identifier to be sent in a

           Multi-destination message. This sequence number can be zero

           because it wraps around. Implementation should be unique to

           identify Transaction Id for a MEP with multiple flows."

New text: 

           "Next sequence number/transaction identifier to be sent in a

           Multi-destination message. This sequence number can be zero

           because it wraps around. Implementation of this identifier should
be 

          should provide a unique code value in order to 

           identify Transaction Id for a MEP with multiple flows."

Page 15

Old text: 

   trillOamMepTxPtmReplyModeOob OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "True Indicates that Reply of Ptm is out of band and

           out of band IP Address TLV is to be transmitted.

           False indicates that In band reply is transmitted."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       DEFVAL          { false }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 17 }

New text /

   trillOamMepTxPtmReplyModeOob OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "True Indicates that Reply of Ptm will be made out of band and

           out of band IP Address TLV is to be transmitted.

           False indicates that an In band reply is transmitted."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       DEFVAL          { false }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 17 }

/

[bold only in text to show you the change ] 

Page 15 

Old:/

   trillOamMepTransmitPtmReplyIp OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE  (4..16))

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "IP address for out of band IP Address TLV is to be

            transmitted, Maximum length for IPv6 is 16 OCTET

            and IPv4 is 4 OCTET."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 3 and 10"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 18 }

/

New: 

   trillOamMepTransmitPtmReplyIp OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE  (4..16))

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "IP address for out of band IP Address TLV is to be

            Transmitted.  The  maximum length for IPv6

           address  is 16 Octets.  The maximum length

          for an  IPv4 address is 4 octets."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 3 and 10"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 18 }

/ 

Page 15-16 

Old: 

   trillOamMepTxPtmStatus OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "A Boolean flag set to true by the MEP Path Trace

            Initiator State

           Machine or an MIB manager to indicate that another

           PTM is being transmitted.

           Reset to false by the MEP Initiator State Machine.

           The PTM managed objects in the MEP table are used

           in a manner similar to that described for LBM

           transmission in dot1agCfmMepTable. As per RFC7455

           section 10, Operation of the Path Trace Message is

           identical to the Loopback Message except that it is

           first transmitted with a TRILL Header Hop count

           field value of 1 and it's retransmitted incrementing

           Hop count until a response is received from the

           destination RBridge, or the Hop Count reaches a

           configured maximum value. trillOamMepTxPtmStatus

           Status is reset to FALSE by initiator when last PTM

           is transmitted."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       DEFVAL          { false }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 20 }

/

New:  / 

   trillOamMepTxPtmStatus OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "A Boolean flag set to true by the MEP Path Trace

            Initiator State Machine or an MIB manager 

           to indicate that another PTM is being transmitted.

           This is reset to false by the MEP Initiator State Machine.

           The PTM managed objects in the MEP table are used

           in a manner similar to that described for LBM

           transmission in dot1agCfmMepTable.   As per RFC7455

           section 10, Operation of the Path Trace Message is

           identical to the Loopback Message except that it is

           first transmitted with a TRILL Header Hop count

           field value of 1, and then retransmitted with incrementing

           Hop count until a response is received from the

           destination RBridge, or the Hop Count reaches a

           configured maximum value. trillOamMepTxPtmStatus

           Status is reset to FALSE by initiator when last PTM

           is transmitted."

        REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       DEFVAL          { false }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 20 }

Page 16

Old: / 

   trillOamMepTxPtmResultOK OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "Indicates the result of the operation:

           - true  The Path Trace Message(s) will be (or has been)

             sent.

           - false The Path Trace Message(s) will not be sent."

     REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       DEFVAL          { true }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 21 }

/

New:  / 

   trillOamMepTxPtmResultOK OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "Indicates the following results of the operation:

-          true  The Path Trace Message(s) will be (or has been)

             sent.

           -       false The Path Trace Message(s) will not be sent."

      REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       DEFVAL          { true }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 21 }

/ 

Page 16 - pagination only 

Old: 

   trillOamMepTxPtmSeqNumber OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          Unsigned32

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "The Path Trace Transaction Identifier of the first

            PTM (to be)

           sent. The value returned is undefined if

           trillOamMepTxPtmResultOK is false."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 22 }

New: 

   trillOamMepTxPtmSeqNumber OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          Unsigned32

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "The Path Trace Transaction Identifier of the first

            PTM (to be)  sent. The value returned 

             is undefined if

            trillOamMepTxPtmResultOK is false."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 22 }

/

Page 17 

Old: 

            maximum value. Once Destination or Hop count reaches

            it's treated as single Counter increment of this

            object, and above process is repeated starting

            Hop count 1 till maximum PTM transmission

            is reached. It's treated as Repeat Counter for

            above described operation."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 23 }

New: 

            maximum value. The event of the Destination

           response being received or the  Hop count reaching

          its maximum is treated  as single Counter increment of this

          object.  The bove process is repeated starting

          untill maximum PTM transmission

         is reached. It's treated as Repeat Counter for

         above described operation."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 10"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 23 }

/

 

Page 17 

Old: 

/ 

      trillOamMepTxMtvmReplyModeOob OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "True Indicates that Reply of Mtvm is out of band and

           out of band IP Address TLV is to be transmitted.

           False indicates that In band reply is transmitted."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 26 }

/

New 

      trillOamMepTxMtvmReplyModeOob OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "A True value  Indicates that Reply of Mtvm is out of band and

           out of band IP Address TLV is to be transmitted.

           A False  value indicates that In band reply is transmitted."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 26 }

P17-p18

Old /

   trillOamMepTransmitMtvmReplyIp OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE  (4..16))

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "IP address for out of band IP Address TLV is to be

            transmitted, Maximum length for IPv6 is 16 OCTET

            and IPv4 is 4 OCTET."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11      

 ::= { trillOamMepEntry 27 } / 

New/ 

   trillOamMepTransmitMtvmReplyIp OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          OCTET STRING (SIZE  (4..16))

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "IP address for out of band IP Address TLV is to be

            Transmitted. The maximum length for IPv6 is 16 octets

            and IPv4 is 4 octets."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11   

 ::= { trillOamMepEntry 27 } / 

Page 18 

Old/ 

   trillOamMepTxMtvmStatus OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "A Boolean flag set to true by the MEP Multi Destination

            Initiator State

           Machine or an MIB manager to indicate that another

          Mtvm is being transmitted.

           Reset to false by the MEP Initiator State Machine.

           The Mtvm managed objects in the MEP table are used

           in a manner similar to that described for LBM

           transmission in dot1agCfmMepTable. As per RFC7455

           section 11, Operation of the MTvm Message is

           identical to the Loopback Message except that it is

           first transmitted with a TRILL Header Hop count

           field value of 1 and it's retransmitted incrementing

           Hop count until a response is received from the

           destination RBridge, or the Hop Count reaches a

           configured maximum value. trillOamMepTxMtvmStatus

           Status is reset to FALSE by initiator when last Mtvm

           is transmitted."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11"

       DEFVAL          { false }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 29 }

/

New: description 

           "A Boolean flag set to true by the MEP Multi Destination

            Initiator State  Machine or an MIB manager to indicate that
another

           Mtvm is being transmitted.

           This value is reset to false by the MEP Initiator State Machine.

           The Mtvm managed objects in the MEP table are used

           in a manner similar to that described for LBM

           transmission in dot1agCfmMepTable. As per RFC7455

           section 11, Operation of the MTvm Message is

           identical to the Loopback Message except that it is

           first transmitted with a TRILL Header Hop count

           field value of 1 and it is retransmitted incrementing

           Hop count until a response is received from the

           destination RBridge, or the Hop Count reaches a

           configured maximum value. trillOamMepTxMtvmStatus

           Status is reset to FALSE by initiator when last Mtvm

           is transmitted."

/

Old/

   trillOamMepTxMtvmResultOK OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          TruthValue

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "Indicates the result of the operation:

           - true  The Multi-destination Message(s) will be

             (or has been) sent.

           - false The Multi-destination Message(s) will not be sent."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11"

       DEFVAL          { true }

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 30 }

/ 

New description for this text  

/

       DESCRIPTION

           "Indicates the result of the operation in the following way: 

           - true: indicates the Multi-destination Message(s) will be

             (or has been) sent.

           - false: indicates the Multi-destination Message(s) will not be
sent."

/ 

Page 19 

Old/ 

   trillOamMepTxMtvmScopeList OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          OCTET STRING

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "The Multi-destination Rbridge Scope list, 2 OCTET

            per Rbridge."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 33 }

/

New/

   trillOamMepTxMtvmScopeList OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          OCTET STRING

       MAX-ACCESS      read-create

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "The Multi-destination Rbridge Scope list which 

           requires 2 octets per Rbridge."

       REFERENCE "RFC 7455 section 11"

       ::= { trillOamMepEntry 33 }

/

Page 20: 

Old/

   trillOamMepFlowCfgTable OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF TrillOamMepFlowCfgEntry

       MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "This table includes configuration objects and operations

            for the Trill OAM RFC 7455.

           Each row in the table represents a Flow configuration

           Entry for

           the defined MEP. This table uses four indices. The first

           three indices are the indices of the Maintenance Domain,

           MaNet, and MEP tables. The fourth index is the specific

           Flow configuration Entry on the selected MEP.

/

Fix the pagination as follows:

New: 

       DESCRIPTION

           "This table includes configuration objects and operations

            for the Trill OAM RFC 7455.

           Each row in the table represents a Flow configuration

           Entry for  the defined MEP. This table uses four indices.

           The first  three indices are the indices of the Maintenance

           Domain, MaNet, and MEP tables. The fourth index is the 

           specific flow configuration Entry on the selected MEP.

/ 

Fix pagination page 21

trillOamMepFlowCfgIndex       Unsigned32,            {
trillOamMepFlowCfgEntry 1 }

-          text is fine.  Fix the pagination in the description. 

Page 22

Old 

   trillOamPtrTable OBJECT-TYPE

       SYNTAX          SEQUENCE OF TrillOamPtrEntry

       MAX-ACCESS      not-accessible

       STATUS          current

       DESCRIPTION

           "This table includes Path Trace Reply objects and

            operations for

           the Trill OAM RFC 7455.

           Each row in the table represents a Path Trace Reply Entry for

           the defined MEP and Transaction.

            This table uses four indices.

           The first three indices are the indices of the

           Maintenance Domain,

           MaNet, and MEP tables. The fourth index is the specific

           Transaction Identifier on the selected MEP.

           Some writable objects in this table are only applicable in

           certain cases (as described under each object),

           and attempts to

           write values for them in other cases will be ignored."

       REFERENCE       "RFC 7455"

       ::= { trillOamMep 3 }

/

New description:  (Only pagination in the text) 

       DESCRIPTION

           "This table includes Path Trace Reply objects and

            operations for  the Trill OAM RFC 7455.

           Each row in the table represents a Path Trace Reply Entry for

           the defined MEP and Transaction.  This table uses four indices.

           The first three indices are the indices of the

           Maintenance Domain,   MaNet, and MEP tables. 

          The fourth index is the specific Transaction Identifier

           on the selected MEP.

           Some writable objects in this table are only applicable in

           certain cases (as described under each object),

           and attempts to  write values for them in other 

           cases will be ignored."

/

Pages 23 -25 editorial: 

           |--trillOamPtrTable   { trillOamMep 3 }

               trillOamMepPtrTransactionId    Unsigned32, { trillOamPtrEntry
1 } - fix pagination

                trillOamMepPtrHC                      Unsigned32,

                trillOamMepPtrFlag                    Unsigned32,

                trillOamMepPtrErrorCode         Unsigned32,

                trillOamMepPtrTerminalMep             TruthValue,

                trillOamMepPtrLastEgressId            Unsigned32,

                trillOamMepPtrIngress
Dot1agCfmIngressActionFieldValue,

                trillOamMepPtrIngressMac              MacAddress,

                trillOamMepPtrIngressPortIdSubtype    LldpPortIdSubtype,

                 trillOamMepPtrIngressPortId           LldpPortId,

                trillOamMepPtrEgress        Dot1agCfmEgressActionFieldValue,

                trillOamMepPtrEgressMac               MacAddress,

                trillOamMepPtrEgressPortIdSubtype     LldpPortIdSubtype,

                trillOamMepPtrEgressPortId            LldpPortId,

                trillOamMepPtrChassisIdSubtype        LldpChassisIdSubtype,

                trillOamMepPtrChassisId               LldpChassisId,

                trillOamMepPtrOrganizationSpecificTlv OCTET STRING,