Subject: Re: [RTG-DIR] Routing Directorate QA Review of draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-02

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 11:44:54 -0500

Julien:

The TRILL WG appreciates you doing a review of
draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-02.   However, the authors indicate you have
not reviewed the changes.  We are now at
draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes-06.txt. 

As the shepherd, you mentioned in July that you did not see that -05  fixed
the problems. 

Would you take a look at 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes/

Here's your major comments:

_Main Issue_

What is now inconsistent is the use of IS-IS TLVs and sub-TLVs, probably
because the former version seemed more IS-IS based. 

[Sue analysis of -06.txt ]:  The SMART-Parameters APPsub-TLV is within the
TRILL GENINFO TLV.  

Therefore, the it updates the TRILL APPSUB-TLV types - a portion of the
registry under TRILL standardization control.   TRILL utilizes IS-IS packets
including Hellos and IS-IS cryptographic mechanisms. 

I believe the two code points requested in this document resolve the your
related problems #1-4.  Please review the associated TRILL documents and
ISIS documents to determine if you feel the problem is resolved. 

If you do not feel it is resolved, will you let me know quickly.  Due to our
attempt to close TRILL within 2 months, I must ask for a quick response on
this review. 

(version 6) 

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-smart-endnodes/

Your review:   

https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/rtg-dir/current/msg02740.html

Thank you for all your aid, 

Susan Hares