Subject: [saag] DKIM IETF 73 meeting summary

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:35:59 -0500

The DKIM working group met on Thursday, 20 November 2008, with 39 attendees.

Document status: there are three documents left to finish.  Two -- ADSP and 
"Overview" -- are with the IESG, and the third -- "Deployment" -- is much of the 
way toward finishing.  We had a review of the new document structure of 
Deployment, which highlighted some questions about which the authors are looking 
for input (ideas, preferably with suggested text).  We reviewed three unresolved 
issues with errata for RFC 4871 (DKIM base spec).  And then we looked toward the 
future...

We had three brief presentations of topics that the working group might adopt 
with a re-charter.  It seems unlikely that the group will actually take any of 
them on, and that they'll proceed, if at all, as individual submissions.

We spent a good bit of time at the end of the meeting discussion the idea of 
developing standards for domain reputation services -- something that DKIM 
enables for email, but which is not limited to DKIM nor email.  The consensus is 
that there is not enough interest nor clarity within the (small) community of 
reputation-service providers to support a standards effort now (or soon).

It is likely that DKIM will not meet in San Francisco, and might actually be 
ready to close by then.

Barry Leiba, DKIM co-chair

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag