Subject: [saag] EMU WG report

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:15:06 -0600

The EMU WG met for 2 hours on Monday morning.

  We discussed the EAP-GPSK draft.  It has a few comments and open
issues that will be addressed before IESG review finishes.

  There was a fair bit of discussion around the tunnel method
requirements draft.  There may be fewer requirements on emergency
services, as current experience in Germany appears to indicate that the
services are abused, and may be simply disabled.  Other issues were
discussed, and we will ask the WG for consensus on a few issues.  We
will also CC NEA on the WG last call so that they can provide comments.

  We had a presentation on EAP channel bindings.  After some review, the
opinion of the room was that the document should be accepted as a WG
work item.  We have opened a call for consensus on the list to confirm
the room consensus.

  We had a long discussion on RFC 4282 and internationalization.
Existing implementations do not follow the directions of RFC 4282, some
of which might be wrong.  There were major concerns expressed about
re-doing i18n issues.  This work will likely not be an EMU work item,
but it may affect the WG.

  Alan DeKok.
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag