Subject: [saag] IETF 73 MSEC working group summary

From: Brian Weis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:48:22 -0800

MSEC meeting summary

We spent 1 hour on Wednesday. We opened by reviewing the status of   
current and expired working group drafts with the goal of updating  
our milestones.

We then had four presentations. Vincent Roca presented to the draft  
applying TESLA to the ALC and NORM protocols. There were new changes  
resulting from the working group last call. The group will re-review  
the draft again after he creates a version that addresses all of the  
comments.

David McGrew presented a draft describing a method of safely using  
AES counter modes with multiple-sender IPsec security associations.  
Since the meeting, the chairs have started a working group last call.  
If you're interested, check the MSEC mailing list for details.

Sheela Rowles presented two drafts. The first one is a working group  
draft describing clarification to the GDOI protocol based on  
implementation experience, and also to support new attributes  
proscribed in a new architecture document and also the counter mode  
document. The second draft proposes GDOI extensions to support the  
non-IPsec integrity protection mechanisms of the RSVP and NLS  
protocols. There will be a discussion on the MSEC list to determine  
the level of support for taking on the draft as a working group item.

-- 
Brian Weis
Lakshminath Dondeti

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag