Subject: [saag] NDSS Security Symposium

From: "Kevin Craemer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 11:34:25 -0500

An update on ISOC's NDSS security symposium, for your consideration.
 
Kevin Craemer
Internet Society (ISOC)
 
= = = = = = = = =

The 16th Annual Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS
'09), February 8-11 in San Diego, is pleased to announce the following
confirmed speakers: 

Keynote: Ivan Arce, CTO and Co-Founder, Core Security Technologies
Penetration Testing for Grown Ups

Penetration testing is more than 30 years old, yet for the most part of its
history has been deemed a costly, obscure and narrowly focused security
practice delivered as craftsmanship of limited value by very technically
skilled security teams. In this opening presentation, Arce will discuss the
evolution of penetration testing, the current challenges and opportunities,
and the open and unexplored territory that 'grown up' security practitioners
will face in the next decade.   

Invited Talk: Brian Chess, Chief Scientist, Fortify Software
Secure Programming with Static Analysis

Creating secure code requires more than just good intentions. Programmers
need to know how to make their code safe in an almost infinite number of
scenarios and configurations. Static source code analysis gives programmers
the ability to review their work with a fine tooth comb and uncover many of
the kinds of errors that lead directly to vulnerabilities.  Learn how static
analysis works, how to integrate it into software development processes, and
how to make the most of it during security code review.  

Also to be featured at NDSS'09:
* Presentation of 20 Refereed Papers
* National Science Foundation's GENI Project
* Work-in-Progress Presentations
* Best "Hall Track" in the Business

Additional information and paper abstract summaries are at:
http://www.isoc.org/ndss09/
 
Register by January 9 for discount.

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag