Subject: [saag] Pasi's AD Notes for December 2008

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:00:23 +0200

Hi all,

Here's again a short status update about what things are going on 
from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that doesn't look
right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

Best regards,
Pasi

MISC NOTES

- After an extremely busy December, I'm somewhat behind in my 
  emails. I won't mind being pinged again if I haven't replied
  in two weeks.
- Security area WG chairs will have a virtual meeting on January 12
  to discuss having "virtual interim meetings" to help WGs get 
  more work done between the IETF meetings. 
- draft-eronen-enterprise-number-documentation: a new draft written
  together with David Harrington, related to syslog WG documents.
- Processed a bunch of errata (18) for security area RFCs.
- (not wearing AD hat): Errata #1623 (for RFC 4282): waiting for
  Dan Romascanu to mark this as "Rejected" with note explaining why

WORKING GROUPS

DKIM
- draft-ietf-dkim-ssp: went through IETF Last Call; waiting for
  proposed text and a revised ID to clarify some parts. Tentatively 
  placed on agenda of 2008-01-15 IESG telechat.
- draft-ietf-dkim-overview: in Publication Requested, waiting 
  for me to read it.
- Waiting for WG to send list of RFC errata IDs the WG agrees on.

EMU
- draft-ietf-emu-gpsk: was approved by IESG, now in RFC Editor Queue
- NIST requested comments about draft SP 800-120, "Recommendation 
  for EAP Methods Used in Wireless Network Access Authentication"

IPSECME
- Lots of emails that I need to read, but haven't done so yet...
- (not wearing AD hat) Waiting for Russ to verify errata #1502
  for RFC 4718 [since 2008-09-12]

ISMS
- All the WG documents went through WG Last Call; hoping to see 
  revised IDs soon.

KEYPROV
- Hoping the WG soon decides what "client side" authentication 
  options are the most important for DSKPP.

PKIX
- Note: I'm shepherding two PKIX drafts where Tim is a co-author
- draft-ietf-pkix-ecc-subpubkeyinfo: was approved by IESG,
  now in RFC Editor Queue
- draft-ietf-pkix-rfc4055-update: will go to IETF Last Call first
  thing in January.

SASL
- Hoping the WG soon converges on SCRAM design

SYSLOG
- draft-ietf-syslog-transport-tls: now in AUTH48 state
- draft-ietf-syslog-sign: in AD Evaluation, waiting for me to
  read version -24 [since 2008-12-11]

TLS
- IESG approved Eric Rescorla as the IANA expert for TLS registries.
- draft-ietf-tls-des-idea: went through IETF Last Call, on agenda
  of 2009-01-08 IESG telechat.
- draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk: in Publication Requested, waiting
  for me to read it (in January)
- draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm: same as ecdhe-psk
- Errata #1585: waiting for Ekr to confirm that this errata is
  correct [since 2008-11-06]
- (not WG item) Two IPR disclosures related to draft-hajjeh-tls-identity-
  protection were filed (1036 and 1044)

OTHER DOCUMENTS

- draft-ietf-pkix-cmp-transport-protocols: It seems some folks are 
  interested in reviving this long-expired draft, so that current 
  implementation behavior is documented somewhere. I've promised
  to read and comment if/when something is submitted.
- draft-randall-3447bis: James Randall posted the -00 draft; 
  I should read this and comment.
- draft-ietf-mpls-mpls-and-gmpls-security-framework: I've promised 
  to read this.
- "Security roadmap for routing protocols": Gregory has sent the
  first draft-of-a-draft; Tim and I have promised to comment and
  contribute.
- "Applicability guidance for security protocols": Tim and I have  
  promised to write something that would help in determining which
  security mechanism (e.g. TLS, IPsec, SASL, GSS-API, ..) to use
  for a new higher-layer protocol.
- draft-mattsson-srtp-store-and-forward: I've promised to read 
  this and send comments, but haven't done so yet.
  
DISCUSSES (active -- something happened within last month)

- draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments [since 2008-12-03]
- draft-housley-internet-draft-sig-file: I need to read version -07
  and related emails [since 2008-12-24]
- draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comment [since 2008-12-18]
- draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated: I need to read the proposed text
  sent on 2008-12-30 and reply [since 2008-12-30]
- draft-ietf-enum-combined: waiting for authors to propose text
  or a revised ID [since 2008-12-11]
- draft-ietf-l1vpn-ospfv3-auto-discovery: text agreed, waiting
  for a revised ID or RFC Editor Note [since 2008-12-19]
- draft-ietf-mext-nemo-v4traversal: some text agreed, waiting for 
  authors to propose text for the remaining comments [since 2008-12-30]
- draft-ietf-mip4-dsmipv4: some text agreed, waiting for authors
  to reply to my remaining comments [since 2008-12-19]
- draft-ietf-mipshop-mstp-solution: discussion ongoing, I need to
  read and reply to the latest emails [since 2008-12-17]
- draft-ietf-monami6-multiplecoa: some text agreed, waiting
  for authors to reply to my remaining comments [since 2008-12-05]
- draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc1831bis: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  remaining comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-12-15]
- draft-ietf-nfsv4-rpc-netid: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-12-16]
- draft-ietf-ospf-lls: waiting for a revised ID or RFC Editor Notes
  to address my remaining comments [since 2008-12-18]
- draft-ietf-roll-urban-routing-reqs: discussion ongoing, I need
  to read and reply to emails [since 2008-12-19]
- draft-ietf-shim6-proto: discussion ongoing, waiting for authors
  to propose approach [since 2008-12-30]
- draft-ietf-smime-sha2: text agreed, waiting for a revised ID
  or RFC Editor Note to fix the DER hex strings [since 2008-12-29]
- draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-uto: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-12-16]
- draft-igoe-secsh-aes-gcm: discussions ongoing, hoping to have
  more information in early January
- draft-kato-camellia-ctrccm: authors have proposed text that would 
  resolve my comments; waiting for a revised ID [since 2008-12-19]

DISCUSSES (stalled -- I haven't heard anything from the authors 
or document shepherd for over one month)

- draft-kato-ipsec-camellia-modes: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-06]
- draft-ietf-sip-dtls-srtp-framework: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-11-06]
- draft-ietf-sip-xcapevent: waiting for revised ID or RFC Editor
  Note to fix the ABNF/XML bugs [since 2008-10-24]
- draft-ietf-sipping-policy-package: waiting for more information
  from Mary or Jon [since 2008-10-28]
- draft-ietf-vrrp-unified-spec: waiting for authors to propose 
  text [since 2008-11-07]

DISCUSSES (presumed dead -- I haven't heard anything from the authors
or document shepherd for over three months)

- draft-cain-post-inch-phishingextns: waiting for authors to reply 
  to my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-08-28]
- draft-ietf-bfd-base: waiting for authors to reply to my 
  comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-multihop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]
- draft-ietf-bfd-v4v6-1hop: waiting for authors to reply to 
  my comments or submit a revised ID [since 2008-06-05]

--end--
_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag