Subject: [saag] Sean's AD Notes for 2010-05

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 15:45:17 -0400

These notes are identical to those posted 
on:http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/wiki/SeansMonthlyUpdate. 
Note that there's also a blog with an RSS feed at: 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/sec/trac/blog

= Sean Turner's Monthly AD Notes - 2010-06-03 =

Here's my monthly AD notes.  It's a short status update about what 
things are going on from my point-of-view. If you notice anything that 
doesn't look right, let me know -- miscommunication and mix-ups do happen.

== MISC NOTES ==

  * IETF 78 planning continued with Tim: SAAG presentations.

  * Sam, Josh, Tim, and I had a call to discuss the FEDAUTH BOF 
proposal.  Will be discussed on 2010-06-02 BOF Coordination call.

  * Participated in weekly call with Tim.

  * Authors provided valuable information that Tim/I will use to 
resolve the ~100 errata received from Constantin Hagemeier on RFC 
3447, RFC 4301, RFC 4302, RFC 4306, and RFC 4880.

== WORKING GROUPS ==

=== DKIM ===

  * RFC 5863 published (dt:draft-ietf-dkim-deployment).   Congrats!

  * Another ton of email that I haven't gotten all the way through.

  * Charter revision process started.  Placed WG agreed charter on 
2010-06-03 telechat.

  * Errata 1532 and 1596: Awaiting WG chairs proposal for new text and 
recommended status. 2010-05-05.

=== EMU ===

  * dt:draft-ietf-emu-eaptunnel-req: Entered WGLC on 2010-05-20 and 
ends 2010-06-04.

=== IPSECME ===

  * RFC 5879 published (was dt:draft-ietf-ipsecme-esp-null-heuristics).

  * dt:draft-ietf-ipsecme-aes-ctr-ikev2: Passed through IESG review 
with some minor changes and it now sits in the RFC editor's queue.

  * dt:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis: Passed through IESG review with 
some minor changes and it now sits in the RFC editor's queue.

  * dt:draft-ietf-ipsecme-roadmap: New version posted on 2010-05-28. 
Yaron had some questions concerning the removal of Appendix A and 
another point.  Awaiting author response 2010-05-28.

  * dt:draft-ietf-ipsecme-ipsec-ha: Revised and passed through WGLC. 
Awaiting AD review.  2010-06-01.  I plan to have this done by 2010-06-07.

  * dt:draft-ietf-ipsecme-eap-mutual: Revised and placed on the 
2010-06-17 IESG telechat.

  * (not a WG item) dt:draft-sheffer-ipsecme-pake-criteria-02.txt: 
Fair amount of discussion about definition of gateway.

=== ISMS ===

  * dt:draft-ietf-isms-dtls-tm: Resolved IESG DISCUSS positions and 
entered RFC editor's queue.

  * dt:draft-ietf-isms-radius-vacm: Entered 2nd WGLC on 2010-05-15 
ends 2010-05-22.

=== KEYPROV ===

(I know it's Tim's but I am following it closely)

  * dt:draft-ietf-keyprov-dskpp: Dealing with IESG DISCUSS positions. 
  2nd IETF LC issued to address DOWNREF.

  * dt:draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc: Dealing with IESG DISCUSS positions. 
2nd IETF LC issued to address DOWNREF.

  * dt:draft-ietf-keyprov-symmetrickeyformat: Dealing with IESG 
DISCUSS positions.

=== SASL ===

  * dt:draft-ietf-sasl-gs2 and draft-ietf-sasl-scram: In RFC editor 
queue, waiting for draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings.

  * (not WG item) dt:draft-altman-tls-channel-bindings: In RFC 
editor's queue.

  * Discussions about combining SASL/KITTEN are progressing.  No major 
objections have been raised.

=== SYSLOG ===

  * RFC 5848 published (was dt:draft-ietf-syslog-sign).

  * dt: draft-ietf-syslog-dtls: Resolving IESG DISCUSS positions. 
Since 2010-05-19.  Ball is in Shepherd's court (he knows it is too).

=== TLS ===

  * dt:draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis: Revised.  Hoping to have this come 
to me soon.  About 3 people have asked me what the status of this I-D is.

  * dt:draft-ietf-tls-cached-info: Rehashing (no pun intended) why and 
how of this I-D.

== OTHER DOCUMENTS ==

  * dt:draft-hoffman-tls-additional-random-ext: IETF LC consensus was 
clear: don't progress this I-D.  I will change the status to dead.

  * dt:draft-hoffman-tls-master-secret-input: IETF LC generated some 
comments.  Will progress this one.

== DISCUSSES ==

As an AD, the more DISCUSS positions you enter the more work you have 
to do (information for all those would be ADs).

  * dt:draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-11: Awaiting response from author. 
  2010-06-02.

  * dt:draft-cheshire-dnsext-nbp: I picked up part of Pasi's DISCUSS 
and Russ picked up the rest.

  * dt:draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-term: I picked up Pasi's DISCUSS. 
2010-03-31.

  * dt:draft-ietf-bmwg-ipsec-meth: I picked up Pasi's DISCUSS. 
2010-04-08.

  * dt:draft-ietf-csi-hash-threat: I picked up Pasi's DISCUSS. 
2010-04-08.

  * dt:draft-ietf-avt-register-srtp: Awaiting response from Robert wrt 
his discussions with Cullen. 2010-04-22.

  * dt:draft-denenberg-mods-etc-media-types-02: Awaiting response from 
authors.  2010-04-29.  This one will probably be pinned for a while 
waiting for OASIS to stabilize a draft.

  * dt: draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework: Waiting for revised I-D. 
2010-04-22.

  * dt:draft-ietf-avt-register-srtp-02: Waiting for revised I-D. 
2010-05-06.

  * dt:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ipmr-12: Waiting for revised I-D. 2010-05-06.

  * dt:draft-ietf-mext-flow-binding-06:  Waiting for revised I-D. 
2010-05-06.

  * dt:draft-ietf-keyprov-pskc-06: Waiting for revised I-D. 2010-05-06.

  * dt:draft-lawrence-sipforum-user-agent-config-01: Waiting for 
revised I-D. 2010-05-06.

  * dt:draft-ietf-6lowpan-routing-requirements-06: Waiting for revised 
I-D. 2010-05-20.

  * dt:draft-moriarty-post-inch-rid-transport-02: Waiting for revised 
I-D. 2010-06-02.

  * dt:draft-ietf-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-11: Waiting for revised I-D. 
2010-06-02.

  * dt:draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-sctp-12: Waiting for revised I-D. 2010-06-02.

  * dt:draft-zimmermann-avt-zrtp-21: Need to revise my comments. 
2010-06-02.