Subject: [saag] Request for Comments - NIST Draft SP 800-135: Recommendation for Application-Specific Key Derivation Functions

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:18:48 -0400

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Request for Comments - NIST Draft SP 800-135: Recommendation
for Application-Specific Key Derivation Functions

NIST requests comments on Draft SP 800-135, Recommendation for
Application-Specific Key Derivation Functions.

The document specifies security requirements for existing
application-specific key derivation functions in: American National
Standard (ANS) X9.42-2001-Public Key Cryptography for the Financial
Services Industry: Agreement of Symmetric Keys Using Discrete Logarithm
Cryptography, American National Standard (ANS) X9.63-2001-Public Key
Cryptography for the Financial Services Industry: Key Agreement and Key
Transport Using Elliptic Curve Cryptography, Internet Key Exchange,
Secure Shell, Transport Layer Security, The Secure Real-time Transport
Protocol, User-based Security Model for version 3 of the Simple Network
Management Protocol , and Trusted Platform Module. The document is
available at
  http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/drafts/800-135/draft-sp800-135.pdf.

Please provide comments by September 30th 2010 to [email-masked]
with “Comments on Draft SP 800-135” in the subject line.

For additional questions, please do not use reply.  Contact Quynh Dang
([email-masked])