Subject: [SAM] agreement in principle - class D space

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 21:04:11 +0000

in 1996, the IANA tasked EP.NET with the DNS management of the following
DNS delegations:

//  --- the multicast domains  
zone "mcast.net" { type master; file "master/mcast.net"; };
zone "224.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-224"; };
zone "225.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-225"; };
zone "226.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-226"; };
zone "227.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-227"; };
zone "228.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-228"; };
zone "229.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-229"; };
zone "230.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-230"; };
zone "231.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-230"; };
zone "232.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-232"; };
zone "233.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-233"; };
zone "234.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-234"; };
zone "235.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-235"; };
zone "236.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-236"; };
zone "237.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-237"; };
zone "238.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-238"; };
zone "239.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-239"; };
zone "240.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-240"; };
zone "241.in-addr.arpa" { type master; file "master/P-241"; };

today, EP.NET and the IANA agreed in principle to transfer the
day to day operation of these delegations back to the IANA. 
It is expected that this may take 60-180 days - pending some
logistics work by both parties.

--bill manning
managing partner, EP.NET

_______________________________________________
SAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sam