Subject: [SAM] [CFP] P2P-NVE 2007 CFP (deadline is due)

From: ACNLab <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:01:55 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

Please be advised that the paper submission deadline (July 24, 2007) of
P2P-NVE 2007 is approaching. You are encouraged to submit a paper. You can
first register the title of the paper and upload the full paper before the
deadline. Attached is the CFP, where you can find useful information about
the paper submission.

Best wishes,
Jehn-Ruey Jiang
Program Chair
P2P-NVE 2007

================ CALL FOR PAPERS ================
P2P-NVE 2007
International Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Networked Virtual Environments 2007
in conjunction with The 13th International Conference on Parallel and
Distributed Systems (ICPADS 2007)
December 5 -7, 2007
National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. 
http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2007.
=================================================
About P2P-NVE 2007
The rapid growth and popularity of networked virtual environments (NVEs)
such as Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMOGs) in recent years have
spawned a series of research interests in constructing such large-scale
virtual environments. For increasing scalability and decreasing the cost of
management and deployment, more and more studies propose using peer-to-peer
(P2P) architectures to construct large-scale NVEs for games, multimedia
virtual worlds and other applications. The goal of such research is to
support an Earth-scale virtual environment or to make hosting virtual worlds
more affordable than existing client-server approaches. However, existing
solutions for consistency control, persistent data storage, multimedia data
dissemination, and cheat-prevention may not be straightforwardly adapted to
such new environments, novel ideas and designs thus are needed to realize
the potential of P2P-based NVEs.

The theme of this workshop is to solicit original and previously unpublished
new ideas on the construction and realization of P2P-based NVEs, with a
focus to facilitate discussions and idea exchanges by both academics and
practitioners. All papers accepted for the workshop will be included in the
IEEE Xplore Digital Library and will be included in the proceedings
published by the IEEE Computer Society.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* P2P systems and infrastructures 
* Applications of P2P systems 
* Performance evaluation of P2P systems 
* Trust and security issues in P2P systems 
* Network support for P2P systems 
* Fault tolerance in P2P systems
* Efficient P2P resource lookup and sharing
* Distributed Hash Tables (DHTs) and related issues
* Constructions of P2P overlays for NVEs
* Multicast for P2P NVEs
* P2P NVE content distribution
* 3D streaming for P2P NVEs
* Voice communication on P2P NVEs
* Persistent storage for P2P NVEs
* Security and cheat-prevention mechanisms for P2P games
* Data structures and queries for P2P NVEs
* Consistency control for P2P NVEs
* Design considerations for P2P NVEs
* Prototypes of P2P NVEs
* P2P control for mobile NVEs
* P2P NVE applications on mobile devices

Important Dates
Paper Submission:          July 24, 2007 (Extended)
Author Notification:          August 24, 2007
Camera Ready Copy Due:    September 2, 2007

Paper Submission 
Authors are invited to submit an electronic version of original, unpublished
manuscripts, not to exceed 8 double-columned, single-spaced pages, to web
site http://acnlab.csie.ncu.edu.tw/P2PNVE2007. Submitted papers should be in
be in PDF format in accordance with IEEE Computer Society guidelines
(ftp://pubftp.computer.org/press/outgoing/proceedings). All submitted papers
will be refereed by reviewers in terms of originality, contribution,
correctness, and presentation.

_______________________________________________
SAM mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sam