Subject: [SAM] Problem statement of streaming media delivery

From: "wanghuinudt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 10:54:17 +0800

Hi all,

     We have submit a(-00)draft about some problems in streaming media delivery.  Details are at  
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-litao-p2mpsmd-problem-statement/ 

Network Working Group                                              T. Li
Internet-Draft                                                    Z. Sun
Intended status: Standards Track                                 H. Wang
Expires: September 7, 2011                                        C. Jia
                                                                    NUDT
                                                             Mar 6, 2011
                     P2MP Streaming Media Delivery
            draft-litao-p2mpsmd-sam-problem-statement-00.txt
Abstract
   Currently, more and more Internet streaming services are getting
   increasingly popular among users.  With the increasing growth of
   streaming media traffic, network awareness and policy-based control
   are required for providing higher QoE to the end users and better OAM
   support to the service providers.  They are especially important for
   point to multipoint streaming media delivery for the edge network.
   However, most of the existing technologies or protocols, such as IP
   multicast, do not provide the network aware and policy-based control
   mechanisms.  This document presents the problem statements in point
   to multipoint streaming media delivery for edge network, explains why
   network awareness and policy-based control should be urgently
   addressed for the point to multipoint streaming media delivery in the
   edge network and introduces what's should be further considered in
   the future.

and more information about our research group are at
http://netmagic.nudt.edu.cn/eindex.html 

If you have any interest, please contact us.
Long for your advices.

                                          Wanghui

2011-03-08 

 WangHui
 Ph.D. Student
 Lab 609
 School of Computer
 National University of Defense Technology
 ChangSha, HuNan, China 410073
 Email:  [email-masked]   or
           [email-masked]