Subject: [SAM] New Version Notification for draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-06 (fwd)

From: Matthias Waehlisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 21:32:30 +0100

Hi folks,

  we submitted an updated version of the draft "A Common API for 
Transparent Hybrid Multicast". It includes the following changes:

   1.  Description of the Common API using pseudo syntax added

   2.  C signatures of the Comon API moved to appendix

   3.  updateSender() and updateListener() calls replaced by events

   4.  Function destroyMSocket renamed as deleteMSocket.

  Feedback is highly appreciated!

See you in Prague
  matthias

-- 
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST
.  Takustr. 9, D-14195 Berlin, Germany
.. mailto:[email-masked] .. http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~waehl
:. Also: http://inet.cpt.haw-hamburg.de .. http://www.link-lab.net

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:29:01 -0800 (PST)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-06 

A new version of I-D, draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api-06.txt has been successfully submitted by Matthias Waehlisch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-waehlisch-sam-common-api
Revision:	 06
Title:		 A Common API for Transparent Hybrid Multicast
Creation_date:	 2011-03-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 32

Abstract:
Group communication services exist in a large variety of flavors, and
technical implementations at different protocol layers.  Multicast
data distribution is most efficiently performed on the lowest
available layer, but a heterogeneous deployment status of multicast
technologies throughout the Internet requires an adaptive service
binding at runtime.  Today, it is difficult to write an application
that runs everywhere and at the same time makes use of the most
efficient multicast service available in the network.  Facing
robustness requirements, developers are frequently forced to using a
stable, upper layer protocol controlled by the application itself.
This document describes a common multicast API that is suitable for
transparent communication in underlay and overlay, and grants access
to the different multicast flavors.  It proposes an abstract naming
by multicast URIs and discusses mapping mechanisms between different
namespaces and distribution technologies.  Additionally, it describes
the application of this API for building gateways that interconnect
current multicast domains throughout the Internet.

The IETF Secretariat.