Subject: [scim] SCIM BoF approved

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:14:58 -0700

Folks,

During the IESG/IAB coordination call today, the SCIM BoF was approved.
Congratulations! Now the real work begins. :)

In preparing for the BoF, I encourage you all to read RFC 5454
("Considerations for Having a Successful Birds-of-a-Feather Session"):

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5434

Please note that IETFers will use the BoF as way to answer the
following sorts of questions:

- whether SCIM is a technology that is worth spending all this time on
(a working group is a fairly significant commitment for the IETF)

- whether the IETF is the right place to do the work

- whether there is "energy": that is, whether there are enough people to
do things like write the specs, review the specs, participate on the
mailing list, and chair the working group

- whether there are any IPR issues (in this case, whether there is
clarity regarding the transition from OWF to IETF IPR rules)

- whether the proposed charter is scoped correctly

Right now the BoF is tentatively scheduled for Thursday, March 29,
09:00-11:30 Paris time, but that is subject to change (although change
is unlikely given how packed the schedule is).

See you in Paris!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:17:51 -0700

> In preparing for the BoF, I encourage you all to read RFC 5454

That's RFC 5434. The URL was correct.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "Morteza Ansari (moransar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:51:26 -0600

Thanks Peter. I will update the charter draft based on the feedback and
send an updated version to the list.

Cheers,
Morteza

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Peter Saint-Andre
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [scim] SCIM BoF approved

Folks,

Please note that IETFers will use the BoF as way to answer the following
sorts of questions:

See you in Paris!

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

_______________________________________________
scim mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scim