Subject: [scim] Internet-Drafts

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:05:23 -0600

Folks, it would really help avoid awkward and inevitable questions about
change control and IPR confusion if the proponents could post
Internet-Drafts before the BoF, at least for the scenarios doc, core
schema, and protocol spec. Although the deadline for -00 I-Ds passed 10
days ago, the submission window opens again on March 26 (three days
before the BoF):

http://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/

Given that the SCIM specs at simplecloud.info are already in RFC format,
it seems that submitting Internet-Drafts would not involve significant
author frustration. They don't need to be polished, changed, or
otherwise edited -- just submit them as-is so we can get them
circulating among IETFers and show a good-faith effort to be upstanding
citizens of the IETF community.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Trey Drake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:13:28 -0500

Peter,

It was on my todo list though I was under the impression changes to the existing specs were required. Given that's not the case I'll submit the core schema and protocol specs today "as is".

Thanks,
Trey

On Mar 14, 2012, at 6:05 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> scim mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/scim

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:14:48 -0600

> It was on my todo list though I was under the impression changes to the existing specs were required. Given that's not the case I'll submit the core schema and protocol specs today "as is".

Hi Trey,

That's great. You won't be able to submit them until March 26th, so you
have time to fix up a few things if you please, but don't feel that it's
necessary. :)

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: "Morteza Ansari (moransar)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:59:45 -0500

It might be useful to send a copy to the mailing list even if we can't
officially submit it.

Cheers,
Morteza

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Peter Saint-Andre
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2012 4:15 PM
To: Trey Drake
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [scim] Internet-Drafts

On 3/14/12 5:13 PM, Trey Drake wrote:
> Peter,
> 
> It was on my todo list though I was under the impression changes to
the existing specs were required. Given that's not the case I'll submit
the core schema and protocol specs today "as is".

Hi Trey,

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Phil Hunt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 17:02:01 -0700

It needs to be officially submitted. Yesterday if possible.  

Phil

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 18:06:36 -0600

> It needs to be officially submitted. Yesterday if possible.  

As noted, the submission window won't open again until March 26.
Naturally, someone could post an entire Internet-Draft as a big message
to an IETF mailing list, although that is slightly unorthodox. :) If the
authors would like to do that as a stopgap measure, I can approve the
messages (if they are larger than the message limit).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 11:03:34 -0600

> messages (if they are larger than the message limit).

BTW, I have been in contact with the IETF Secretariat, and I can indeed
approve manual publication of -00 Internet-Drafts. I'm now working with
Trey to get them in the right format for submission.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/