Subject: [scim] draft agenda for the SCIM BoF

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:38:26 +0100

Hi everyone (yet again),

Below is a draft agenda, based on the earlier message I had sent, and
with review from my co-chair, Steve Bellovin.  Please review and
comment.  Agendas are subject to change  right up 'til the beginning of
the session.  Of course I would prefer to avoid that.  Better to bash
here on the list then spend valuable time in the meeting.  Presenters
are encouraged to incorporate as many views as possible to provide a
complete picture, for purposes of decision making. At the same time, we
don't have all day, and so conciseness is important.

We have received  a request for an additional slot for presentation
which is not yet reflected on this draft agenda.  In considering
requests for presentation time slots, please keep in mind the
following:   Will the presentation advance the discussion about whether
to create a WG or what its charter should be?
*
Comments, Please!

*Eliot
ps: all times are approximate

 9:00 –  9:02   I   Agenda Bashing
 9:02 –  9:15   II  Introduction by the chairs, and a description 
                    of the BoF process, including potential outcomes
 9:15 –  9:45   III Description of the pre-provisioning problem, why this
                    is important, and relation to existing work (Morteza Ansari)
 9:45 – 10:30	IV  Overview of SCIM documents (Trey Drake)
10:30 – 11:00	V   Discussion (Chairs introduce the questions below)
11:00 – 11:05	VI  Questions from the Chair (chairs)
		  A.  Do we agree there is a problem?
		  B.  Is SCIM the right starting point?
		  C.  Is this something the IETF should do?
		  D.  Do we have volunteers to
			(1) edit/author the drafts?
			(2) review the drafts?
11:05 – 11:25	VII Introduction of the charter and discussion (chairs)
11:25 – 11:30	Should we have a WG? (A hum) (Chairs/AD)