Subject: Re: [scim] SCIM charter has passed the first step

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 10:46:57 -0400

> Expect to see a final "SCIM is chartered"
> announcement the week of 11 June, unless you hear something otherwise
> from me before then.

Since it's the end of the week, I should post an update:
The charter *was* approved on the 7 June telechat, and everything is
OK.  It's only the announcement that's been delayed, by an
administrative issue: the automated tools that the Secretariat uses to
set this stuff up currently has some problems that the tools team is
working on.[1]  Working group charter announcements (there are a few
of them) are being held up until the tool is fixed and the proper
system updates can be made.

So keep watching for the announcement... Real Soon Now.

Barry, responsible AD

[1]  Just a note: please don't grumble about the tools team... they do
*excellent* work, and this is all volunteer.  Gradually, some of the
tools are being folded into paid contract work over time.  But the
tools we're talking about here are done by volunteers who have
*really* made our lives easier over the past years.  Consider
volunteering for the "code sprint" on the Saturday before the
Vancouver IETF meeting.  That's where a bunch of folks get together
and work on the bug/feature list... and you can get your name on the
screen in the administrative plenary session.