Subject: [Simple] What is the correct approach to parser MSRP messages.

From: prag 1103 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 13:16:45 +0530

Hello Group,

I hope it's ok to ask an implementation related query in this mailing group.

UA1 is sending 200ok followed by success report, one after the other using
two different tcp send calls,
however towards UA2 both 200ok and success report are read jointly in a
single read to buffer.
Is this an expected behavior. if yes, what is the best approach to parse
the messages

Thanks & Regards.

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 11:43:01 +0200

2012/4/4 prag 1103 <[email-masked]>:
> Is this an expected behavior. if yes, what is the best approach to parse the
> messages

Anyone. TCP is not a message boundary transport protocol (as UDP or
SCTP are) so you must *never* rely on receiving a complete/single
application level message in a TCP packet. You could receive a TCP
packet with an incomplete application message so you must wait for a
new TCP packet containing the rest.

That is TCP. Regards.

PS: However this question fits better in sip-implementor maillist.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>