Subject: [Simple] RFC 6714 on Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring (CEMA) for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:20:17 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6714

        Title:      Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring 
                    (CEMA) for the Message Session Relay 
                    Protocol (MSRP) 
        Author:     C. Holmberg, S. Blau,
                    E. Burger
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50543
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-simple-msrp-cema-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6714.txt

This document defines a Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)
extension, Connection Establishment for Media Anchoring (CEMA).
Support of this extension is OPTIONAL.  The extension allows
middleboxes to anchor the MSRP connection, without the need for
middleboxes to modify the MSRP messages; thus, it also enables secure
end-to-end MSRP communication in networks where such middleboxes are
deployed.  This document also defines a Session Description Protocol
(SDP) attribute, 'msrp-cema', that MSRP endpoints use to indicate
support of the CEMA extension.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC