Subject: [sipcore] RFC 6216 on Example Call Flows Using Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Security Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 17:34:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6216

        Title:      Example Call Flows Using Session 
                    Initiation Protocol (SIP) Security Mechanisms 
        Author:     C. Jennings, K. Ono,
                    R. Sparks, B. Hibbard, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      67
        Characters: 143891
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sipcore-sec-flows-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6216.txt

This document shows example call flows demonstrating the use of
Transport Layer Security (TLS), and Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail
Extensions (S/MIME) in Session Initiation Protocol (SIP).  It also
provides information that helps implementers build interoperable SIP
software.  To help facilitate interoperability testing, it includes
certificates used in the example call flows and processes to create
certificates for testing.  This document is not an Internet Standards 
Track specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC