Subject: [sipcore] IMTC SIP Parity Activity Group Liaison Statement

From: "John Ehrig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:35:10 -0800

The IMTC SIP Parity Activity Group (AG) provides a forum for IMTC member
companies to cooperate and pool resources on SIP Parity issues. 

The SIP Parity AG has focused on providing video profiles for SIP that
match all the capabilities of H.323 videoconferencing. The ultimate
objective of the AG is to bring it to full feature parity with H.323
video communications. Following its members' inputs, the AG has been
working on several documents to help manufacturers implement standard
features in an interoperable manner. The work products of the group are
best practice documents and corresponding test cases documents. The most
recently completed of best practice is in regard to security.

The IMTC SIP Parity AG would like to make other organizations aware of
their efforts, and coordinate these efforts with any related efforts
that may exist within other organizations. The IMTC SIP Parity AG would
like to take this opportunity to share the existing draft version of the
security best practice document and solicit feedback or comments on this
draft before progressing it through the IMTC official approval
procedure.

Please see the attached liaison statement and best practice document for
more information.

Regards,

John Ehrig

IMTC Secretariat