Subject: [sipcore] Call for Reviewers: SIP WebSocket Transport

From: Adam Roach - SIPCORE Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 15:16:22 -0600

[as chair]

I've seen a lot of statements of support for the concept of using 
websockets as a transport for SIP. However, if we're going to have this 
work move forward, we'll need more in the way of technical discussion on 
the solution. (All I've seen so far is a discussion around the role of 
outbound, and I'm not sure that conversation has resolved far enough to 
call consensus).

To that end, I'd like to solicit a small handful of dedicated reviewers 
to go over the current proposal:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ibc-sipcore-sip-websocket-01

Reviewers would be expected to read the draft carefully, and provide 
comments to the SIPCORE list. In order for us to have something to talk 
about in Paris, I would request that such reviews be posted to the list 
no later than Friday of next week (March 16th).

Please inform the chairs (by replying to this message) if you would be 
willing to perform such a review.

Unless we see additional traffic on the mailing list on this topic, I 
don't believe we'll have any basis for talking about it at the upcoming 
face-to-face meeting.

/a

---

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2012 16:13:26 -0600

> don't believe we'll have any basis for talking about it at the upcoming

I'll review it this weekend.

-- 
Kevin P. Fleming
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
Jabber: [email-masked] | SIP: [email-masked] | Skype: kpfleming
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org

---

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 16:45:52 -0600

I will also review it. 

- Alan -

On Mar 9, 2012, at 4:13 PM, "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sipcore mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sipcore

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 00:12:35 +0100

> I will also review it.

Thanks Kevin, Alan. We'll be so greateful to read your opinion about
the document.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:13:44 +0200

I will also review and submit it by March 16th

cheers
Salvatore

On 3/10/12 12:45 AM, Alan Johnston wrote:
> I will also review it.
>
> - Alan -
>
>
>
> On Mar 9, 2012, at 4:13 PM, "Kevin P. Fleming"<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
>> Check us out at www.digium.com&  www.asterisk.org

-- 
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:06:18 +0100

Hi,

Earlier I gave some comments on an earlier version of the draft.

I will review this version also.

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Salvatore Loreto
Sent: 10. maaliskuuta 2012 16:14
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [sipcore] Call for Reviewers: SIP WebSocket Transport

cheers
Salvatore

On 3/10/12 12:45 AM, Alan Johnston wrote:
>>> websockets as a transport for SIP. However, if we're going to have 
>>> this work move forward, we'll need more in the way of technical 
>>> discussion on the solution. (All I've seen so far is a discussion 
>>> around the role of outbound, and I'm not sure that conversation has 
>>> resolved far enough to call consensus).
>>>
>>> To that end, I'd like to solicit a small handful of dedicated 
>>> reviewers to go over the current proposal:
>>>
>>> comments to the SIPCORE list. In order for us to have something to 
>>> talk about in Paris, I would request that such reviews be posted to 
>>> the list no later than Friday of next week (March 16th).
>>>
>>> Please inform the chairs (by replying to this message) if you would 
>>> be willing to perform such a review.
>>>
>>> Unless we see additional traffic on the mailing list on this topic, 
>>> I don't believe we'll have any basis for talking about it at the 
>>> upcoming face-to-face meeting.
>> 445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA Check us out at 
>> www.digium.com&  www.asterisk.org 

--
Salvatore Loreto
www.sloreto.com

---

From: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:08:18 +0100

> I'll review it this weekend.

Me too.

Regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

---

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:37:12 -0500

>> I'll review it this weekend.

Forgot to update the list; during my review this weekend, I noted quite 
a number of places where the wording could be improved. Inaki has sent 
me the source for the draft and later today I'll be doing a 
non-technical editing pass to try to improve the language without 
changing the meaning. Hopefully I'll get that to him before his day 
starts tomorrow and he can review/post a new version for all of the 
reviewers to review.

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:51:21 +0100

2012/3/12 Kevin P. Fleming <[email-masked]>:
> Forgot to update the list; during my review this weekend, I noted quite a
> number of places where the wording could be improved. Inaki has sent me the
> source for the draft and later today I'll be doing a non-technical editing
> pass to try to improve the language without changing the meaning. Hopefully
> I'll get that to him before his day starts tomorrow and he can review/post a
> new version for all of the reviewers to review.

Thanks Kevin, I will commit the new revision when you send it back to me.

Regards.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 23:43:43 +0200

Hi,

Unfortunately I could not review this on time, so by the time I checked everything was already on the table, so there is nothing I can add that wouldn't sound redundant :-S

Regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects