Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 02:41:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Inaki Baz Castillo
                          Jose Luis Millan Villegas
                          Victor Pascual
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-01.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-06-27

Abstract:
   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way realtime communication between
   clients and servers.  This document specifies a new WebSocket sub-
   protocol as a reliable transport mechanism between SIP (Session
   Initiation Protocol) entities and enables usage of the SIP protocol
   in new scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-01

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:48:07 +0200

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-01

Hi, the changelog from the previous version
draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-00 is the following:

- Section 5.2.3. "Sending Responses" (within section 5.2. "Updates to
RFC 3261") has been removed. As Salvatore Loreto pointed out, the
existing text "is tautological saying that a WebSocket Client can act
only as a client, however in theory a UA (outside a Browser sandbox)
could act as both a WebSocket client and WebSocket server".
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/msg04940.html

- Example 1 includes the WebSocket handshake flow and some typos have
been fixed (thanks to Nataraju A. B.).
  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sipcore/current/msg04768.html

As always your comments are welcome.
Thanks a lot.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>