Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 04:16:44 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The WebSocket Protocol as a Transport for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
	Author(s)       : Inaki Baz Castillo
                          Jose Luis Millan Villegas
                          Victor Pascual
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-02.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2012-07-30

Abstract:
   The WebSocket protocol enables two-way realtime communication between
   clients and servers.  This document specifies a new WebSocket sub-
   protocol as a reliable transport mechanism between SIP (Session
   Initiation Protocol) entities to enable usage of SIP in new
   scenarios.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:24:36 +0200

>         Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-websocket-02.txt

Hi all, this new version of the draft contains the folowing changes:

- Registration of new Via and SIP URI transports (within "IANA
Considerations" section) has been removed since IANA does not manage a
registry for those values (thanks to Kevin P. Fleming for pointing it
out).

- Full grammatical review by Kevin P. Fleming.

The authors of the draft consider that there are no open issues at
this time. As always, comments are welcome.

Best regards.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>