Subject: [sipcore] VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Another WGLC for draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-callflows-01

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 12:23:51 -0400

I'm sorry I have to do this, but I'm going to start another WGLC for 
draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-callflows-01.

The reason is that after examining the email records I am concerned that 
the use cases have not been carefully reviewed for correctness and 
consistency with the final form of draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-10.

To ensure that we have that, I am requesting volunteers to review each 
of the eleven detailed call flows described in sections 3.1 through 3.11 
of the document. I am not asking one person to review all eleven, as 
that would be cruel and unusual punishment. What I am asking is for 
people to volunteer for particular flows. Obviously I'll need at least 
one volunteer for each flow, though more than one would be good.

When reviewing a flow it is important to verify the following:
* the message content is consistent with
   draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-10
* ladder diagram is consistent with the text description
   of the call flow
* message details are consistent with the text description
   of the call flow
* ladder diagram is consistent with the message details
- all the messages are consistent with valid sip usage
- all messages necessary for valid sip usage are present,
   or else the omission is noted
- each message contains all the header fields and SDP lines
   necessary for valid sip usage, or else the omission is noted
- escaping of special characters in header fields is correct

The points marked with "*" are the focus. But the others are also 
important in any call flow. It is OK if irrelevant detail is omitted as 
long as it is *indicated* as omitted.

Rather than declare in advance when the WGLC will conclude, it will run 
until we have volunteers for each of the call flows and they have had 
time to do their review. When you volunteer for a review, please let me 
know when you commit to having it done. I'm hoping for a week for a 
review, but I understand it may take longer if you volunteer for several.

So if you want this done, PLEASE step up and volunteer to review part of 
it. And please publicize which parts you are volunteering for. I'll keep 
tabs and let people know if one they are volunteering for is already 
covered.

Getting the call flows reviewed (and making any needed fixes as a 
result) is the last gating item to turning this draft over to the ADs 
for IESG review. And note that the progression of 
draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-10 is also waiting on this.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:17:05 -0400

Hey people, it's been several days and the only response I have gotten 
with any actual review content is one from Dale today.

This is gating for 4244bis, so if you want that then PLEASE volunteer to 
work on this. I'll be happy to have people volunteer to review a single 
case.

	Thanks,
	Paul