Subject: [sipcore] 4244bis callflows

From: [email-masked] (Dale R. Worley)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:18:23 -0500 (EST)

While working on callflows, I see that in
draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-10 it is clear that (non-100) 1xx
responses require logging the response code in the corresponding
hi-entry:

   9.3.  Receiving a Response with History-Info or Request Timeouts

   When a SIP entity receives a non-100 response or a request times out,
   the SIP entity performs the following steps:

   Step 1:  Add hi-entry to cache

   [...]

   Step 2:  Add Reason header field

   [...]

I have a vague memory that we explicitly discussed this issue at some
time, and that recording 1xx responses is intended.

But in draft-ietf-sipcore-rfc4244bis-callflows-01, Reason header
values for 1xx responses are not generated.  See message F8 in section
3.1.  (In a previous message, I referred to this incorrectly as
"message F8 in section 3.2".)

I can't find anyone's critique addressing this as an error in
rfc4244bis-callflows.

Do we intend for 1xx response codes to be logged in hi-entry Reason
values?

Dale