Subject: [sipcore] New SIPCORE Milestones

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:01:59 -0600

[as chair]

Based on feedback from the working group, and in consultation with our 
area director, we have added five new milestones (including the one 
already implied by our adoption of draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted) 
to our charter:

Jan 2017 	Request publication of a SIP response code for unwanted 
communications
Apr 2017 	Request publication of a mechanism for labeling the nature of 
SIP calls
May 2017 	Request publication of a clarification of the use of 
Content-ID as a SIP header field
May 2017 	Request publication of a clarification of the use of the 
"name-addr" production in SIP header fields
Dec 2017 	Request publication of mechanisms for rapid dual-stack 
protocol selection in SIP ("Happy Eyeballs for SIP")

You can view these milestones, along with related (although not 
necessarily adopted) drafts on the SIPCORE charter page:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/sipcore/charter/

If you have any feedback about the milestones and their associated 
dates, please discuss them on this mailing list. Thanks!

I'll note that the chairs are aware of and tracking discussions 
regarding SIP Authorization, SIP over DTLS, and "Half Outbound," but 
feel that the conversation is not yet far enough along to warrant 
milestones for this work.

/a