Subject: Re: [sipcore] [IANA #953831] expert review for draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted (sip-parameters)

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 10:23:08 +0000

Hi,

I have performed an expert review of the sip.666 feature capability
indicator defined in draft-ietf-sipcore-status-unwanted.

In general the registration is ok:

1.	The feature capability indicator is to be used in a SIP REGISTER
response, which is appropriate usage.
2.	The feature capability indicator indicates support of a feature (a SIP
response code).
3.      The reference provides information on how the feature capability
indicator is used.
4.	The mandatory information for registering a feature capability
indicator is properly provided.

NOTE: There has been a discussion to change the response code value from
666 to something else. Such change would also impact the name of the
feature capability indicator. I guess the chairs/AD can give more input on
the status of that discussion.

One editorial comments on the Description:

Q: I suggest to say:

"This feature-capability indicator, when included in a Feature-Caps header
field of a REGISTER response, indicates that the server supports, and will
process, the 666 (Unwanted) response code."

While the current text isn¹t wrong, the suggested change makes the text
more aligned with the style used in the descriptions of the currently
registered feature capability indicators.

Regards,

Christer