Subject: [sipcore] Draft new version: draft-content-id-02

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 11:18:48 +0000

Hi,

Based on the comments and feedback, we’ve submitted a new version (-02) of draft-content-id.

We believe the comments given by different people have now been addressed in some form (please let us know if we’ve missed something), and that the draft is ready to move forward.

Regarding Paul’s suggestion to register everything as mime extension headers, we believe that would be a much bigger task, way outside the scope of THIS work.

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 13:19:59 -0400

I'm generally ok with this now. Just a couple of things:

General:

Widely within the document the use of "refer" is a little off wrt 
English usage. I suggest replacing it with "reference".

Section 3.3:

ISTM it would be better to say the content-id identifies all the 
metadata identified by any header fields beginning with "Content-" as 
well as header fields identified by the compact names "e", "l", and "c". 
(I don't expect any Content-* header fields defined in the future will 
get compact names.) This is future-proof, and is consistent with the 
mime definition of Content-* headers.

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 07:02:45 +0000

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your comments! See inline.

>English usage. I suggest replacing it with "reference".

Will fix as suggested.

>mime definition of Content-* headers.

I am ok with your suggestion, but in addition to any Content-* header
field, I believe we also need to mention the MIME-Version header field.

Not sure if we need to mention the compact names - they represent
Content-* header fields. We shall talk about the name of the header fields
- not how they are encoded.

Regards,

Christer

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 11:20:40 -0400

> - not how they are encoded.

I was just concerned that when describing header fields whose names 
begin with "Content-" we are indeed talking about how they are 
represented. Clearly a header field encoded as "e" doesn't begin with 
"Content-". But maybe there is a generic way to talk about this.

	Thanks,
	Paul