Subject: [sipcore] indicating to send requests over TLS

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2017 13:31:51 -0400

Hi,

Since no response after trying [email-masked], I
thought that I'd try here.

What are the ways that a device determines to send mid-dialog SIP requests
using TLS over TCP?

If I understand correctly, the following are some:

1 ) Although deprecated, sip-uri contains "transport=tls".

2) RFC 3263 NAPTR/SRV stuff.

3) RFC 5626 outbound stuff.

4) sips-uri is used with "transport=tcp".

5) Local policy.

Are there others?  For instance...

Does "transport=tcp" and port 5061 indicate to use TLS?

Does "transport=tcp" and already open TLS connection to the port indicate
to use the connection?  If so, is it true even if destination was
originally TLS client and mutual authentication not supported?

Thanks,
Brett