Subject: [sipcore] Fwd: [SIPForum-fullmembers] The SIP Forum Opens Call for Presentations and Early-Bird Registration for SIPNOC 2017

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 15:28:39 -0500

Hi all,

Apologies to those who might have already seen this on SIP Forum mailing
lists, but I think this conference is directly relevant to folks doing work
in SIP.  This will be the 6th year for the conference.   The conference has
been well attended by service providers in the past.

Regards,
Mary.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marc Robins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 3:21 PM
Subject: [SIPForum-fullmembers] The SIP Forum Opens Call for Presentations
and Early-Bird Registration for SIPNOC 2017
To: [email-masked]

<http://www.sipnoc.org/>

*The SIP Forum Opens Call for Presentations and Early-Bird Registration for
SIPNOC 2017, November 28 – 30, 2017**Proposals now accepted for workshops,
panels, speaker presentations and "Birds of a Feather" sessions addressing
the deployment of SIP in service provider environments; Wireshark Training
Workshop included; Registration officially opens*

The SIP Forum <https://www.sipforum.org/> announced today that it has
opened registration and the official Call for Presentations
<https://www.sipforum.org/news-events/sipnoc-2017-overview/sipnoc-2017-call-for-presentations/>
for the seventh annual SIP Network Operators Conference
<http://www.sipnoc.org/> (SIPNOC 2017), being held at the Hilton Washington
Dulles Hotel in Herndon, VA, November 28 -30, 2017.

A three-day educational conference focusing on the challenges and
opportunities related to the deployment of SIP-based carrier services
globally, SIPNOC 2017 is a unique, network operator-centric event.
Organizers invite companies, executives and industry insiders to propose
presentations highlighting the use of session initiation protocol (SIP) in
service provider environments. Operators are encouraged to present
SIP-related success stories, deployment issues and concerns in their
networks, while equipment vendors and other industry stakeholders are
invited to work with operators to present real-world deployment experiences.

The* SIPNOC *conferences attractleading technical and operations personnel
from the global carrier community and have earned high praise from
attendees for their educational, non-commercial and technical content that
focuses on the real-world challenges operators face when deploying SIP
services in global IP networks. *SIPNOC 2017 *attendees will include
telecommunications providers, major backbone operators, interconnect and
wholesale solution providers, ISPs, cable operators, wireless network
operators as well as large enterprises deploying major SIP initiatives.

The SIP Forum will once again offer specialized training at SIPNOC 2017
presented by the expert trainers of ECG, this year focused on learning the
numerous tips and tricks of Wireshark – *available to all SIPNOC 2017
“All-Access” and “Full Member” attendees at no additional cost! *

This intensive “Wireshark for VoIP Ninjas” workshop will equip you with the
core and advanced skills you need to diagnose and solve the thorniest
problems using the popular, open-source tool Wireshark. The course prepares
to you to install and configure Wireshark to maximize your effectiveness
for VoIP, creating captures, locating calls and associated media, analyzing
QoS for audio and video problems, and using Wireshark’s analytics tools to
find trouble spots in a busy SIP/IMS VoIP network.

*Early-Bird Registration for attending SIPNOC 2017 is now open, and
participants registering before September 15, 2017 save $200. Click here
<https://www.regonline.com/sipnoc2017> to register or visit
https://www.regonline.com/sipnoc2017
<https://www.regonline.com/sipnoc2017>.*

*SIPNOC 2017 Call for Presentations *proposals can be submitted by visiting
the SIP Forum Call for Presentations webpage
<https://www.sipforum.org/news-events/sipnoc-2017-overview/sipnoc-2017-call-for-presentations/>.
Possible topics can include SIP peering, SIP trunking, Emergency Services,
Congestion Control, Scaling and Capacity Issues, SIP-based applications,
Routing, Security, SIP-Network Operations Center Best Practices, IPv6
deployment challenges, User-agent Configuration, Standardization Issues and
Progress, HD voice deployments, Video Interoperability, WebRTC and SIP,
FoIP/T.38 Deployment, Testing or other issues facing SIP network
operations.

*SIPNOC 2017* offers several different types of speaking opportunities
including:

   - *General Session Talks*: A General Session presentation should be on a
   topic of interest to the general SIPNOC audience, and may be up to 30
   minutes long (including time for Q&A).

   - *General Session Panels*: Panels are sessions with a moderator and a
   team of panelists. The panel moderator should submit an abstract on the
   panel topic, a list of panelists, and how the panel will be organized.
   Panel selection is based on the importance, originality, focus and
   timeliness of the topic, expertise of proposed panelists, as well as the
   potential for informative and controversial discussion.

   - *Special Workshops*: The *SIPNOC 2017* program has been expanded to
   include special workshops that run for 1-2 hours, providing time to focus
   in-depth on a variety of issues important to the SIPNOC community. Topics
   can include a review of SIP RFCs and standards development, the regulatory
   environment, etc.

   - *Research Topics*: Researchers are invited to present short summaries
   of their work for operator feedback. Topics may include call routing,
   network performance, statistical measurement and analysis and protocol
   development and implementation. Studies presented may be works in progress.
   Researchers from academia, government, and industry are encouraged to
   present.

   - *BOFs*: BOFs (Birds of a Feather sessions) are informal sessions on
   topics which are of interest to a portion of the SIPNOC community. BOFs may
   be held in break‐out areas or in an unscheduled room. Requests for
   scheduled BOFs can be made at any time, including on site at the conference.

*SIPNOC 2017 Call for Presentation Key Dates*

   - Presentation Abstracts Due

September 1, 2017

   - Draft Presentations Due

September 14, 2017

   - Acceptance Decision and Notifications

September 20, 2017

   - Draft Program Published

September 20, 2017

   - Final Presentations Due

October 20, 2017

   - Final Agenda Published

October 23, 2017

   - Conference Begins

November 28, 2017

*SIPNOC 2017 Call for Presentations General Info* To view the official call
for presentations, which includes instructions on submitting material and
specific SIPNOC policies, please visit https://www.sipforum.org/news-
events/sipnoc-2017-overview/sipnoc-2017-call-for-presentations/. To submit,
visit https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sipnoc2017.

*SIPNOC 2017 Early Bird Registration Info: Deadline September 15, 2017*

   - *Save $200 *if you register for SIPNOC 2017 by September 15, 2017.
   - *Register *at https://www.regonline.com/sipnoc2017

*SIPNOC 2017 General Event Information*

   - For more information about *SIPNOC 2017*, please visit www.sipnoc.org
   or send an email to [email-masked].

*SIPNOC 2017 Sponsorship Information*

   - For information about corporate sponsorship opportunities at *SIPNOC
   2017*, please contact Marc Robins, SIP Forum President and Managing
   Director, at 203-829-6307 <(203)%20829-6307> or marc.robins “at”
   sipforum.org.

*About the SIP Forum*

The SIP Forum is an IP communications industry association that engages in
numerous activities that promote and advance SIP-based technology, such as
the development of industry recommendations, the SIPit interoperability
testing events, special workshops, educational seminars, and general
promotion of SIP in the industry. The SIP Forum is also the producer of the
annual SIPNOC conferences (for SIP Network Operators Conference), focused
on the technical requirements of the service provider community. One of the
Forum's notable technical activities is the development of the SIPconnect
Technical Recommendation – a standards-based SIP trunking recommendation
for direct IP peering and interoperability between IP PBXs and SIP-based
service provider networks, and the SIPconnect Certification Testing
Program, a unique certification testing program that includes a new
certification test suite and test platform, as well as an associated
“SIPconnect Certified” logo program that provides an official “seal of
certification” for companies products and services that have successfully
passed the certification test and officially achieved conformance with the
SIPconnect specification. Other important Forum initiatives include work in
NNI, VRS, and SIP and IPv6. For more information, please visit:
https://www.sipforum.org.

For more information, please visit:
*www.sipnoc.org <http://www.sipnoc.org> or email [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>*

_______________________________________________
fullmembers mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/fullmembers