Subject: [lamps] Need shepherd for draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update-01

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 17:47:41 -0400

I need someone that is willing to be the document shepherd for draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update-01.  RFC 4858 explains the role.

I started the shepherd write-up below.  The template for the write-up can be found here: https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/document-shepherds.html

Anyone willing to be the shepherd?

Russ

= = = = = = = = =

Shepherd Write-up for draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update-01

(1) What type of RFC is being requested (BCP, Proposed Standard, Internet
Standard, Informational, Experimental, or Historic)?  Why is this the
proper type of RFC?  Is this type of RFC indicated in the title page
header?

  Proposed Standard.  Yes, the header calls for Standards Track.
  
  This new RFC will update RFC 5280, which is a Proposed Standard.

(2) The IESG approval announcement includes a Document Announcement
Write-Up.  Please provide such a Document Announcement Write-Up.  Recent
examples can be found in the "Action" announcements for approved
documents.  The approval announcement contains the following sections:

  Technical Summary:

    This document provides updates to RFC 5280 regarding the handling of
    Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) and Internationalized Email
    Addresses in X.509 Certificates.

  Working Group Summary:

    There is consensus for this document in the LAMPS WG.

  Document Quality:

    X.509 certificates are supported by many Certification Authorities
    and relying parties, especially browsers and S/MIME clients. Several
    implementers have said that they will implement the features in this
    document.

  Personnel:

    <Your name here> is the document shepherd.
    Eric Rescorla is the responsible area director.

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 22:38:31 +0000

> I need someone that is willing to be the document shepherd for draft-ietf-
> lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update-01.  RFC 4858 explains the role.

If nobody else wants it, I will.

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:07:48 -0400

I can do it.

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 5:47 PM, Russ Housley <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 11:12:03 -0400

Thanks.

> On Jun 14, 2017, at 7:07 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I can do it.
>