Subject: [lamps] Moving caa-simplification to a WG document?

From: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 12:41:02 -0800

At the WG session at IETF100 we took a hum on standardizing the CAA
implementation that's current in production, i.e. the contents of
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hoffman-andrews-caa-simplification-02.txt.
Currently that's published as an individual draft. What steps do we need
to take to turn that into a WG document so we can make progress towards
an RFC?

Thanks,
Jacob

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 07:16:41 +0800

There are three steps that need to be taken:

1.  We need to publish one of our current documents - this is now down
2.  We need to do a charter update - this is not necessarily a gating factor
on adoption but needs to get done.
3.  We need to do a formal WG adoption call.  This has been done informally
and my understanding is that this would be a pro-forma step as there is
support to do this.

All that however is not needed to make progress on the document in terms of
having discussions and getting the document published as a document that the
working group is looking at.  This would only be blocking when we get to the
point of wanting to do the final steps to get it published.  Unless you
think the document is ready now to publish none of this is currently
blocking progress.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Spasm [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jacob
Hoffman-Andrews
Sent: Saturday, November 18, 2017 4:41 AM
To: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>; SPASM <[email-masked]>
Subject: [lamps] Moving caa-simplification to a WG document?

At the WG session at IETF100 we took a hum on standardizing the CAA
implementation that's current in production, i.e. the contents of
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hoffman-andrews-caa-simplification-02.txt.
Currently that's published as an individual draft. What steps do we need to
take to turn that into a WG document so we can make progress towards an RFC?

Thanks,
Jacob

_______________________________________________
Spasm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 11:17:57 -0500

Our Area Director needs to complete the recharter before the document can be formally adopted.

Russ

> On Nov 17, 2017, at 3:41 PM, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]> wrote:
>