Subject: CFP JOURNAL OF NETWORK AND SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT

From: "Ehab Al-Shaer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 02:47:17 -0600

CALL FOR PAPERS
 JOURNAL OF NETWORK AND SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT

           Special Issue on Management of Converged Networks

As the convergence of IP-based data and voice networks gets into the
main stream of global networking business, many issues experienced
earlier in the converged network infrastructure level, such as protocol
interoperability, call server designs, Quality of Service (QoS) support,
and service activation, will need management attention. The main focus
of management of converged networks falls into two areas: (1) end-to-end
network infrastructure manageability, and (2) activation, management,
and accounting for integrated data and voice services. Challenges and
opportunities exist in the areas such as policy-based QoS management,
integrated subscriber management, call server management, management of
converged data/voice directory services, multimedia multicast services,
unified messaging services, customer care center services, and service
information modeling. This special issue is intended to explore new
challenges and solutions in the management of converged networks. Topics
of interests for this special issue include the following:

o Common management platform for converged IP and voice domains
o Management of protocol interoperability (signaling, service control,
  and operations) across converged networks
o Management of gateways and gatekeepers
o Call server management and bandwidth brokerage
o Management of converged networking infrastructure - IP/voice over ATM,
  DSL, CATV, SONET/SDH, and WDM
o Policy-based QoS management and QoS interworking for converged networks
  (DiffServ, RSVP, MPLS)
o Unified service-level information models
o Converged services (unified messaging, customer care center, unified
  directory, multimedia services, etc.) and service interoperability
  between IP-based network and PSTN
o Service configuration, provisioning and activation solutions
o Service level agreement - contract negotiation, monitoring, and accounting
o Enabling technologies for management of converged network (LDAP directory,
  XML, CORBA)

Instructions to Contributors:

We invite prospective authors to submit high quality papers via email to
one of the guest editors, depending on their geographic locations. Only
electronic submissions are acceptable. Manuscripts shall not exceed 25
double-spaced pages including figures and tables. Please prepare the
manuscripts according to the Instructions to Contributors, which can be
found in any copy of the Journal, or by visiting the JNSM Web site at
http://www.cstp.umkc.edu/jnsm/.

Guest Editors:

Dr. Geng Lin (Contact for non-US submissions)
Nortel Networks
4401 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
USA
Email: [email-masked]

Prof. Chien-Chung Shen (Contact for US submissions)
Dept. of Computer and Information Sciences
University of Delaware
103 Smith Hall
Newark, DE 19716
USA
Email: [email-masked]

Schedule:

Manuscript due: April 30, 2001
Notification of Acceptance: July 31, 2001
Final Manuscript due: Sept. 30, 2001
Publication Date: 1st Quarter 2002