Subject: Req: Doubt regarding the USER call (send call)

From: Srinivas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 12:26:37 +0530

Hi,

This is srinivas from INDIA. Here my doubt follows.

Doubt regarding the user calls  (send call without urgent data and next 
send call with urgent data).

Take a case that TCP "A" and TCP "B" both are in established state.

Application sitting over "A" has given send call (without urgent bit) of 
16k bytes.
But the tcp stack of "A" is sending data to  "B" of 536 bytes due to MTU of 
the path.
(that is the MTU between "A" and "B" is 536).So TCP "A" takes some time to 
send all
the 16k bytes to the distant end. take a instant, that TCP "A" has sent 5k 
bytes and ready
to send the next 536 bytes segment. At this instant Application sitting 
over the TCP"A" has given
send call with urgent data of 10 bytes. So Here comes my doubt. Should 
TCP"A" has to send this data
  at this instant or It should queue this data and sent after the remaining 
11k bytes of data???

I think my question is clear.

Thanks and regards
Srinivas